The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1g Throttle Body /Car dies at stop; unstable idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr96GSX408

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2002
Bay Area/Central Coast, California
WTH is wrong; i've had a 1g turbo tb on for a while, and this started happening:

... after going home from a drive, i stopped at a stop sign, there is a prelude of check engine, oil, ect. lights that go on before the car dies.

I just cleaned my 1g throttle body yesterday and now i'm really pissed. The car now idles very badly, sometimes at 2000+ rpm's on park after warming up and sometimes jumps to 500-250 rpm at a the stop sign on D. I adjusted the screw many times and its still idles like crap.

also when i slow down from 20mph -0mph the car jerks, like idle surge?

any comments would help.. thanks

what do you mean shaft seals?

Originally posted by Mr96GSX408
I just cleaned my 1g throttle body yesterday and now i'm really pissed.

What did you clean the TB with? If it was carb type cleaner like MCCC did you block of the lower ports? If not your ISC motor might be bad. I would test this to see if it checks out ok. Check BISS screw as well to see if it is leaking around the o-ring and perform any other leak testing to the intake track.

Good Luck

check for any vaccum leaks. you may have knocked something loose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back