The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G SLAVE CYLINDER Oem vs aftermerket length

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RACEPAK1

Proven Member
Apr 4, 2016
RAMAT GAN, Europe
hello everyone
so my slave cylinder was leaking a bit so o got a new replacement, but the replacement is about 2 mm longer.
what do you guys think, should i use try and use it anyway?

thanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Were you definitely using the correct part number? Was it an OEM part or aftermarket? If possible go back and ask for the correct one (take yours into the shop and show them the difference for proof).

You could try using 1mm spacers/washers, but that would be really sketchy and not advisable for clutch-related systems.

Yours must be a FWD DSM, judging by where the bleeder screw is. I just measured an old 1G AWD slave cylinder and it is 49mm like your original one.

This 2mm difference may just be the length of the cylinder and not the piston travel. If they machined the bottom inside of it to be 2mm higher, then the rod travel will be the same. Take both pistons out and measure from the inside bottom of the bore to the top lip and see if they are the same.

Thanks for the replys, im not sure that the one i disassembled from the car is oem, but the new one is aftermarket.
i didnt buy it by a part number, i took it with me to the part store and this is what they had,
yup its a 1g na fwd eclipse.

:)

Length of housing shouldnt matter. Travel will be dictated by the position of the piston and the travel of the master cylinder. It would only matter if its possible to push the piston out of the bore.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back