The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support VR-Speed Factory

1g Slave and SS Line Install

bgold87

Probationary Member
Nov 20, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Hey guys, my car didn't have a slave when I got it. Purchased a new slave and the SS line kit. Does the banjo fitting go on the master cylinder side? I can only find pics of 2gs.

bgold87

Probationary Member
Nov 20, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Interesting, it doesn't look like the banjo would seat where there original goes. Pic attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201208-110555_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201208-110555_Chrome~2.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 31

Mech Addict

Supporting Member
Jun 9, 2019
Jackson, Wyoming
There was a recent post about this, and I asked the same question; so don't feel bad (in case you were). I failed to see that the original hard-line fitting is the banjo. :ohdamn:
Bleeding may present a challenge. There is also a recent post about this. One guy shows how a stubby box end will fit in properly. This may be easier using a flexible SS line (mine is not). A 10mm speed bleeder can't hurt, if you decide to go with one.
Clutch on!

XC92

Proven Member
Jul 22, 2020
Queens, New_York
Is this for a FWD 1G trans? I have an AWD 1G and the bleeder is right where the red and green cross on top, making it a REALLY tight fit for a wrench. I had to use a socket, which works with a speed bleeder. The slave above shouldn't present a wrench access problem though.

This is what mine looks like off the trans. With the line attached, you can imagine how hard it would be to access the bleeder hex flats:

Talon - Slave Cylinder.jpg

Attachments

• Talon - Slave Cylinder.jpg
    Talon - Slave Cylinder.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 11
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds