The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1g Slave and SS Line Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgold87

Proven Member
Nov 20, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Hey guys, my car didn't have a slave when I got it. Purchased a new slave and the SS line kit. Does the banjo fitting go on the master cylinder side? I can only find pics of 2gs.

Interesting, it doesn't look like the banjo would seat where there original goes. Pic attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201208-110555_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201208-110555_Chrome~2.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 43
There was a recent post about this, and I asked the same question; so don't feel bad (in case you were). I failed to see that the original hard-line fitting is the banjo. :ohdamn:
Bleeding may present a challenge. There is also a recent post about this. One guy shows how a stubby box end will fit in properly. This may be easier using a flexible SS line (mine is not). A 10mm speed bleeder can't hurt, if you decide to go with one.
Clutch on!

Is this for a FWD 1G trans? I have an AWD 1G and the bleeder is right where the red and green cross on top, making it a REALLY tight fit for a wrench. I had to use a socket, which works with a speed bleeder. The slave above shouldn't present a wrench access problem though.

This is what mine looks like off the trans. With the line attached, you can imagine how hard it would be to access the bleeder hex flats:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• Talon - Slave Cylinder.jpg
    Talon - Slave Cylinder.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 19
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back