The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g shocks all the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
I have a 1g Tsi Awd Talon, and Im wondering if any shock I pull from a 1g dsm will work on my car, regardless of fwd,awd, turbo, or year?

Basically my car is already lowered on some Unknown lowering springs and what appear to be kyb agx shocks.

Im hurting for cash, so Im planning on pulling some Junkyard replacements to get me by for a month or 2, so I can swap them out for a fresh set of agx's and tein lowering springs.

I'm pretty sure that you cannot use FWD parts on an AWD.... If you want to know for sure, go to your favorite auto parts store's website.

Add a vehicle that's not AWD and look for the replacement part #'s.

Then, add the AWD to the site and search again. Note the part #'s.

That will answer your question for sure.

-Scott

The front struts are all the same, the only thing that's different is the spring rate used. The rears, on the other hand, are different between the FWDs and AWDs. There is something of interest though, if you need rear AWD struts, the 2G AWD struts will bolt on. If you find this odd or are skeptical, I know it works because I have 2G Koni AWD rear struts with my Tein springs.

Its different everywhere I go, for example, Autozone list all the shocks are the same regardless of the year from 90-94, Drivetrain,and Turbo.
However only the rears are actually indicating they are different.
So I am assuming that the fronts, regardless of year are the same?

Also thanks so much to both of you for answering my question. Im not too worried about the spring rates, only ### this set wont be permanent. Im just tryna keep the car from being damaged due to a worn suspension

Well thanks for all the help. Lucked out, found a set of AGX in the junkyard on stock springs, so this should definitely help me out for awhile.
Thanks Everyone

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back