The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1g Rough idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stark_Hades

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2022
Yakima, Washington
Hello, I just recently bought a 93 laser rs non-turbo. And it started having a rough idle. It bounces from around 800 -1200 rpms. And im unsure what the issue may be. Unsure if its related too the issue but I can also smell quite a bit of gas when idling. Thanks for the help.

Hello and welcome to the forum. A rough idle could be any number of things, too many to easily ID a solution without more info. IAC is a possibility. So is a vacuum leak. Could also be an injector or fuel delivery issue.

I would investigate the fuel smell to see if you are leaking gas. Resolve that if there is an issue. Next, depending on what you find, check the basic maintenance items (plugs, wires, air and fuel filters, throttle plate, etc.) and address as necessary.

If all of the basics are good and there isn't an external fuel leak, check for a vacuum leak. If all that is good it's time to dig deeper.

Fill out your profile, handle the basics, and report back if the problem isn't resolved.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back