The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink 1g rough idle, bogging/sputtering not holding idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick T

Probationary Member
Dec 25, 2017
Putnam Valley, New_York
Like title states im having issues all the sudden with my car. I’ll start it up and will idle fine and after few seconds it’ll start to idle like crap and it will stall. It does it every time I start it back up and will only stay running if I give it gas however it misfires/sputters and bogs and cannot drive the car. Almost same symptoms as if you have a bad or disconnected MAF however I am running speed density

Fuel pressure is good
Brand new spark plugs
Brand new spark plug wires.
I checked all sensor connections all appears good..any suggestions??

here is a log with the car running, running rough, stalling and me restarting

Attachments

• log.2018.08.23-02.elg
    46.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Check the caps on the ecu to see if they are leaking. Also. Test your coolant temperature sensor.

Coolant temp sensor is new and ecu is fine. The problem is intermittent, sometimes I will leave the car off and come back turn it on and it’s fine

Might be some type of intermittent fuel pressure problem. Check fuel pump assembly and fuel pressure.
I have a fuel lab afpr and gauge is reading 37psi where it has always been so pressure is good.

Your running speed density so it uses a map sensor and iat if the map sensor is reading all screwy its going to run bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back