The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1g AWD rear wheel bearing hub/assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulcontroller

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2002
MI
i have a 91 tsi AWD.

ok, im about to replace my rear wheel bearing.

after i ordered the inner/outer bearings and oil seal my total bill was 75 dollars. so i got to thinking, if i can just order the rear hub assembly, is that going to include all of the necessary bearings and just bolt right in? its only like 35 dollars more...

part number Beck/Arnley 0516023 from advance auto is what im looking at. if this just bolts right in, im going to buy that and return the other parts. im thinking it will save me quite a bit of time and a lot of headache. am i going to need the oil seal with this part as well?

TIA.

md

i have to go to napa now what should i say to them i need a WHEEL BEARING for rear drivers side and what will i get every thing i need or should i get just the inner and outer. please help parts number will help me thanx

i ordered a rear inner and outer wheel bearing, as well as the oil seal. i havent replaced them yet though. you can get them at advance auto, autozone, napa, wherever.

youll have to order each bearing and the seal. there is no hub available you can just swap out.

I just went though the same thing a couple of weeks ago. PITA for sure. Give yourself lots of time, the spindle nuts tough without a lift as you can't get a whole lot of leverage to crack itand if its anything like mine, you'll need a cheater bar (don't tell mastercraft :shhh: ) If I had to do it all over again, I think I'd take it to a shop....just to warn ya

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back