The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 1g Rear Poly Roll Stop for Automatics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So in my quest for a poly rear roll stop insert (mine is TOAST), I ordered up a Prothane #13-506 rear bushing. The ad I looked at didn’t say ‘Manual Transmission Only” on the Vendors website, so I thought Woo Hoo! Well, as we all find out, that insert is too small. The OD should be 3 1/16” for the bushing but this was slightly smaller. I called Prothane to inquire about a universal bushing and No Bueno, so…. I came up with this and I am quite happy with it and am sure it will last and function just fine.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After seeing the small space that needed taken up, I first thought silicone. Then that didn’t seem to be a good solution. I put the standard bushing in with the “outside” inside of the roll stop bracket and it fit well and would be a good replacement for a wore out stock unit, in fact, it is probably stiffer than a stocker would be if installed that way, but I wanted a nice solid roll stop so I did some “altering” of the Prothane #13-506 bushing.

Here is what I did. I wrapped the smaller area with 14ga speaker wire pairs (9" long apiece), which was a perfect fit, and slid the bushings in on both sides. It fit like a glove, no sloppiness what so ever. Pictures are worth a thousand words so I took plenty to show what I did.

Some may call it “rigged” but it is very solid and won’t wear out plus it can’t ever be seen, not that you can tell when you are finished doing this mod.

I hope this may help any other 1g Auto guys that need to replace that back roll stop and would like to have a solid or Urethane mount in its place, this WILL work!

Marty

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 129
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 157
And INSTALLED.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back