The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g Rear License Plate Light Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have an answer to this ?

Yes, you'll have to remove the rear bumper. That is if you can as the nuts and bolts are probably all rusted to hell. You;ll probably have to break them all off to remove them. No easy task. I'm guessing your license plate lights are dangling? I have the same problem too and I just zip tied them to a plastic tube and slid it in the opening for now.

I never got notified for any of these responses. I came back to give the next person the info I couldn’t find.
On a 1g eclipse talon laser ,
You can install the license/remove plate bracket without removing the bumper.
To remove it, one bolt came out perfectly. One I had to cut the head off with a dremel. The last one I tried to use a rounded nut socket and it ended up pushing it out the back of the bumper.

To install, I removed the license plate light housing from the bracket and it easily slides in between the rear bumper support and the body of the car. I stuck my arm in there to hold it and threaded the bolts. I used washers on the new bolts to prevent them from ever getting pulled through the plastic bumper.

you could also use a piece of string through the license plate light slots and pull the bracket up from the bottom if you had to.

I know removing the bumper would have been a nightmare so I’m glad it was so easy.

Attachments

• D8CCA6FA-C330-4F68-A2FD-26E9A8775D3F.jpeg
    D8CCA6FA-C330-4F68-A2FD-26E9A8775D3F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back