The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Rear end problem, Video included.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredwin

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I'm having a problem with my 90 Eclipse GSX, it is 5 speed manual and has the LSD rear end. My problem is every time I'm coasting down hill I can hear this "chattery" noise as if something was loose. I can only hear the noise when I'm coasting downhill in gear but when I'm in neutral and coasting downhill I don't hear any noises. The car has almost 183,000 miles on it so Im very positive the rear end will need rebuilt. By watching the video do you guys think I will need a new a new Pinion? Im hoping it just needs new bearings, shims, and seals since I know TMZ sells the replacement parts.. Any input will be apreciated Thanks.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W9m_x0rpRBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^^ 4 bolt conversion would be a good upgrade and check the gear backlash before installing.

What flywheel and clutch do you have?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back