The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G on Bring a Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greddy_1700

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2006
Regina, SK_Canada
Just wanted to make sure people saw this immaculate 1g on bring a trailer. Someone right now is getting a smoking deal on this, lets see where it finally lands!

Thanks for the heads up. I try to look often for TEL listings, but especially 1g’s don’t show up very often. There was a very nice 3kgt with only 8kmi (!!! Why!?!?) that did not meet resrve of $40k last week. Some very sweet 2g have gone right around $35 over the last few months. Not sure if the modding helps or hurts. As new car performance keeps climbing (and I mean really electric cars are changing all the rules) I think the unmolested may be worth more in the collector’s market. It will be fun to watch this one. As they say: GLWTA.

I saw this car at a show in the spring, it was indeed very well done.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If it goes for less than $25K I will be kind of disappointed. I know its not "all original", but this car is literally perfect cosmetically and you will never see another interior like this. Guess we will see...

30K car easy. Can't be replicated anymore since parts are not available. Shocked he is selling it at all, makes no sense. Only issues its way up north and might have limited interests. Crazy its set with no reserve, someone could steal it from lack of bidders.

Yeah, totally missed the point... So an all original barn find is still only worth like $500 by that logic?

So its a re- painted 1g with a 16g on it....still no thanks.

That car would be boring in like 5 min of driving. Once you own a 1g with some power, that stuff doesn't cut it anymore, it's not 1999 anymore.
It’s a gorgeous and fully restored car in a sea of rusty shitboxes. Not everyone is about smashing the gas and watching what happens, some value other things that cars are & do.

Yup. Nothing to do with turbo size. Find me another 1g that’s this mint (inside and out) with ac. I’m sure the paint job alone was north of $10k. Not your average Joe’s macco paint job either.

So its a re- painted 1g with a 16g on it....still no thanks.

That car would be boring in like 5 min of driving. Once you own a 1g with some power, that stuff doesn't cut it anymore, it's not 1999 anymore.
Not everything is about power LOL, I have a gtr with 1000hp, my DSM will have 350hp and I am super excited about it. I'd rather have fun usable powerband with some torque down low then 7k spool, no ac, stripped, 1 pass kind of car. Plenty of different cars and purposes out there, you don't have to buy it LOL.

Hmm, well I have built several DSMs in that type of condition. I guess I should see how much he gets for it. I can throw 300hp DSMs together for nothing and repaint everything which wouldn't cost nearly 20k. To me the value is the big parts and tuning to make it actually work.

Hmm, well I have built several DSMs in that type of condition. I guess I should see how much he gets for it. I can throw 300hp DSMs together for nothing and repaint everything which wouldn't cost nearly 20k. To me the value is the big parts and tuning to make it actually work.
The receipts are shown on the auction - the paint alone was 5 figure job a decade ago. This isn’t a back alley, slap a coat of paint on everything and put it together tune-up, he’s probably $50k deep. I don’t think you’re familiar with what a full restoration entails.

I might have more of an idea than you think...

Look I hope he gets it, that just soo much $ for a car that runs 12s.

Last edited:
Only thing that bothers me is the colour matched (somewhat) coolant and recirc hoses. It screams Canadian Tire/AutoZone/PepBoys/whatever "import tuner" aisle to me. Easily changed, I know, just.. not a good look for a show. Nevertheless a minor thing.

Just because it doesn't have a big turbo doesn't mean it's a less valuable piece. Otherwise the argument is that anyone who paid over $10K for a vehicle that doesn't make more than 400hp paid too much. I'd love to see that argument made in person at Barrett-Jackson or RM Sotheby's. The latter is an extreme case, I'll admit.

Last edited:
This one has an hour left and is at $22000

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back