The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G on Bring a Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$25000 took the 99 GSX 😲

That one just closed at $25k even. That will buy you a new Toyota Carolla, as long as you don't get too many options. For anyone thinking that this very nice 2g (99 perhaps the most sought-after) was overpriced because of it isn't set up to make 5xx hp, what can be made of this ancient mom-bomb that is about to go for more : https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-ford-county-squire-4/

Jeez, with mine having 110k km (under 70k miles) and damn near rust free, maybe I could make a decent profit...

I think I'll hold onto it a while longer.

That one just closed at $25k even. That will buy you a new Toyota Carolla, as long as you don't get too many options. For anyone thinking that this very nice 2g (99 perhaps the most sought-after) was overpriced because of it isn't set up to make 5xx hp, what can be made of this ancient mom-bomb that is about to go for more : https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-ford-county-squire-4/
I would pay 25k just for those new window moldings at this point! ;)

FFS 50$k for a 300 HP 1g, GTFO, this can't be real. I will start building these cars just like that if I can sell them for 50K$.
As we've said, people (and especially collectors) place value on the quality of the vehicle, not on how fast it goes. Any show-grade muscle car is going to far surpass a ratty example with triple the power, which holds true for basically any car that is remotely collectable. This is what people with money want. It's probably wonderful and easy to drive, and requires no additional maintenance to enjoy it.

First off nobody collects 1gs, but honestly that car could be reproduced for probably less than 20$, so it would be worth it to build one and sell it for that price. I still don't believe it, this is an outlier, your can't sell 10 of these for that price, there is no way. The bidding basically stopped at 25k, then it was just two guys going back and forth and now that person has one so there is a 1 person market that would spend that kind of money, the smart people stopped at 25k$.

Last edited:
$46000......SOLD!!!!

First off nobody collects 1gs, but honestly that car could be reproduced for probably less than 20$, so it would be worth it to build one and sell it for that price. I still don't believe it, this is an outlier, your can't sell 10 of these for that price, there is no way.
Gosh, it's almost as if markets change over time. There was a time when old 50s & 60s factory racecars were just discarded junk destined for scrap, now many of them are worth millions. Muscle cars in the 60s were treated as disposable trash because they were everywhere. Good DSMs are absolutely collectables now, they are on the rise. You're like those boomers on Facebook who see a project car and say "those are $2,000 cars, they aren't worth any more" when the market on them is steady at $20,000. People took cheap DSMs for granted, then abused them and discarded them, suddenly they're all gone and few good ones are left. You cannot build a car of this caliber for $20,000, it's absolutely impossible - the paint job alone would be close to $20,000 today. A lot of the OEM pieces are not even available anymore. People with money realize that, and buy this instead of spending more trying to build something similar.

Edit: the buyer just posted in the comments that he's owned over 70 DSMs, but never one this nice. No collectors, huh?

Find me one that’s remotely close to this one. I want to see pics of under carriage.

. You cannot build a car of this caliber for $20,000, it's absolutely impossible - the paint job alone would be close to $20,000 today. A lot of the OEM pieces are not even available anymore. People with money realize that, and buy this instead of spending more trying to build something similar.
Yup. Try finding a mint belt molding for the doors. Ain’t happening as 99% of them are trashed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back