The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g oil filter housing leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just took mine apart. I could swear there is a crush washer on that end bolt. I don’t have my ASA/FSM nearby to confirm
No, you don't need it. If you have a crush washer there, it is probably by mistake. If you put a crush washer, it would technically cause more leak since this seals at the bottom of thread part (where it is stepped) in the pic attached, that's why there is a space between the housing and the bypass valve. So, do not over tighten until the bottom, it seals good even you see a space.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

No, you don't need it. If you have a crush washer there, it is probably by mistake. If you put a crush washer, it would technically cause more leak since this seals at the bottom of thread part (where it is stepped) in the pic attached, that's why there is a space between the housing and the bypass valve. So, do not over tighten until the bottom, it seals good even you see a space.

Lots of things done by previous owner. I’ll correct it before it goes back together

The oil pan i not leaking that gasket is just left over. And yes the green one in The middle is what i was wondering about it has oil on it and just from that place? Oilpan is tight and no leaks

That’s that terrible orange rtv that wasn’t sealing anything around that oil pan.
It is not terrible it is bought from mitsubishi chop itbis just left over around it LOL

When using RTV the “tightness” isn’t a factor in sealing the surface. It should be cleaned, set and torqued. It shouldn’t leak if the surfaces are true. I can see oil in between the rtv and the pan in the picture and that is a picturesque photo of a leaking/seaping oil pan to me.

The oil pan i not leaking that gasket is just left over. And yes the green one in The middle is what i was wondering about it has oil on it and just from that place? Oilpan is tight and no leaks

It is not terrible it is bought from mitsubishi chop itbis just left over around it LOL

Sadly it's the wrong RTV and wasn't applied correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back