The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 1g nt 63mm throttle body help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
Yea i wanna find out if this is a 1g nt 63mm throttle boby i bought. How can i make sure? Were can i measure at? I have pictures also. I need to rebuild as soon as possible also.

Attachments

• IMG_20140813_105816.jpg
    IMG_20140813_105816.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 1407949678552.jpg
    1407949678552.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 263
That is a stock N/T throttle body. The blade diameter is 60mm same as a turbo throttle body.

No stock throttle bodies were 63mm, and neither is the one you posted (stock 1g N/T). All 1g (turbo and N/T) came with 60mm bores. The only way you'd have a 63mm bore is if you bought one specifically from Steve Monroe.

As I mentioned in the PM to you, a bored one will have a shiny/reflective bore and plate, just like the picture in post #2.

I measured the back side of throttle body and 59.55mm is what it says[DOUBLEPOST=1407968107][/DOUBLEPOST]So i guess its just a 60mm bore stock. I got it from guy and he said it was nt 63mm bore. Its a nt 60mm bore correct? And were is best place to get seals?

Last edited:
Yup, then someone "bored out" just the inlet. That is a stock 60mm throttle body, not a bored out 63mm unit that you'd get from Steve Monroe.

If you're looking for just seals, there are a few places. ExtremePSI, MachV, STM should all have at least the normal seals, if not some version of a metal cased/mil.spec seal. If you're looking for mil.spec seals, just buy them directly from the person who supplies them (Google it - there's a thread on EvoM about them and how to purchase).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back