The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G non-turbo headers – where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadBlue

Probationary Member
Feb 15, 2010
Landau @Germany, Europe
Hi guys,
I’m looking for a good header for a 1G non-turbo. But I only can find turbo headers or headers for the 2G… only go-performance.de have one. But ~700$ is a little bit too expensive to my eyes…

Does anybody know a shop where I can buy a 1G header for a fair price?

Sören

This is the one I bought over 2 years ago. 2 problems I had were:
The welded on tab at the bottom where it makes the turn to go under the car broke...no biggie.
The gasket fron the manifold to the down pipe blew out...not to much of a biggie except you can't buy them from a local parts dealer. So you better check with the seller to see if you can get some spares.

Other than that great piece. Seat of the pants dyno was noticeable not a bunch though.

Sorry,forgot to put the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item23028f4bdd

Last edited:
Thanks!

Looks good but as far as I can see it's missing the flex-pipe...

But the price is VERY nice!

Sören

not 100% sure but looks like its meant that way as fhudsonjr said.

Last edited:
The failures don’t sound very good. Remember: I have to import all the stuff to Germany which means that I have to pay very high shipping.

So if something brakes and I have to order spare parts, that is a very expensive solution…

The header doesn’t need to be special… But it should be stable. My intention is not to add any horsepower to the engine. I want to make it a little bit more economical und give it more torques at low revs.

Btw: What is the correct form: “header” or “headers”?
Sorry for my poor English. I’m trying hard to become better.

Sören

It is header if there is one, headers if more than 1 such as for a V6 or V8.

The other header also has no flex pipe. I believe that is the way they are designed.

The tab that broke is just a mounting tab to bolt to the engine. It has caused no problem whatsoever. I have had these for almost 3 years on my DD that sees at least 50 miles 5 days a week and several track days during the summer. No other broken welds.

I am not sure, but I believe just about any header you buy you will have to go to the dealer or manufacturer for the gasket I was talking about.
I'm not sure why it blew. It may have just been some a loose bolt, because I know I had to tighten them up aftr it blew.

Your English is very good. My German is non-exsistent.

Good luck

OBX makes a decent header package. I ran it for a couple years on my old Talon, worked pretty well. I purchased it off of EBAY, cost around $360 CAN including shipping at the time.

Cheers!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back