The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g n/t intake and trottle body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokencpsd95tsi

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2002
Lebanon, Missouri
are the 1g intake manifolds and throttlebody's the same for turbo and the N/A versions?????

to put it simply no they are not identical. (although the manifold is only missing one vacuum port for the bov)

i own both and externally they appear absolutely identical except for the missing vacuum port oh and i guess you might count the longer throttle body studs, but those are the only two differences.

The throttle bodies are not the same but you can use a n/t TB on a turbo car.

Originally posted by CraigB
The throttle bodies are not the same but you can use a n/t TB on a turbo car.

in order to use it though you'll need to come up with a completely custom uicp though in order to attach to the different shaped neck on the tb.

see my gallery for pics of my nt tb setup on my turbo car.

so what is the difference between the throttle bodies??

basically the nt tb gets rid of the elbow, that's about it. also there's apparently a miniscule neckdown in the turbo tb that is eliminated by swapping it out. whether or not the difference is noticeable is yet unproven.

Well if a 2G elbow which you can fit inside a n/t TB makes a difference on a 1st gen. I'm sure that the switch to a n/t throttle body would make a difference.

true craig. but that's compared to the stock 1g elbow which we all can assume is poorly designed at best. (a piece of $hit is more like it)

the point i was making is that since most aftermarket uicp's come with a nice smooth replacement elbow of equal or greater size and of smoother turn than the 2g the only real difference noticed would be in the 1-2 mm gain of internal diameter which i believe is just after the throttle plate (although i have heard so many statements i myslef am a little confused on it now).

true its better than a stock tb setup (including the 1g elbow) but since you have to also get a fully custom (read: more money or make it yourself) uicp the elbow part of the equation is thrown out (which is the real downside anyways).

what about the vaccum lines on the top of the tb. The 1g turbo tb has 4 with the left most one angled off to the side, While the n/t 1g has 2.

what about for a non/turbo car. I would like to keep my car n/a , but i want to clean up the engine compartment. I am going to move the battery to the trunk, Remove the cruise control box, and anything else i can safely remove

all those vacuum hose removal techniques can apply to yours just as easily. just pay no mind to the turbo only removals

I am going to look into getting some of that stuff outta there. I hopefully am going to have my motor project going soon, i just gotta find somewhere i can find some tech answers about the connecting rods and such and im all set. That and i need to find the best possible flow rates for the head for this motor. Those diagrams were a big help. thanx.

In addition to his question about throttle body/intake, is a NT 1g head the same as a 1g Turbo head? I know the cam's are different, but the head itself is physically identical, no?

identical once you remove the camshafts

What would be the best cam recomendation for a n/t head. I know you wont have to really port the thing, A mild port and polish would show the most benifits. I wouldnt up the size of the valves much, maybe .5mm oversized max. But which cam profile would be best as far as hks cams. 272 setup or a 264 setup.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back