The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General 1G N/T Ignition Maps needed for Speeduino

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pasta_Ricer

Proven Member
Nov 2, 2021
Zanjan, Asia
Hello everyone,

I finally got Speeduino dialed in on my Galant GTi-16V! Runs great and all that, but I want to get the car running like stock until I get some bolt-ons and eventually turn it into a turbo engine.

To do that, I am desperately looking for the stock 1G N/T ignition maps to get the car running like it was before. Since I don't have a knock sensor and Speeduino doesn't natively support it, I need to make det cans but that's gonna take a bit before I do.

So, if anyone has the tables/values, I would highly appreciate it if you could share them.

Thank you!

The best i can do as they yahoo group is no longer around . I did download 99% of the files however my pc sprung a leak and i still havent fixed it and have no idea if I still Even have those files backed-up, there are eprom numbers on some of those , I know na eproms exist but are not common .

Edit probably not extremely useful for ya . Someone had to archive the files other than me . And no guarantee they had much for the N/A stuff

EB20 was the only US 4G63 NA version I've seen for DSM's. You'll have to dig through it to find the timing map and then figure out if the values and axes make sense for what you're trying to do.

Attachments

• EB20.bin
    32 KB · Views: 9
Here are the tables as pulled from EB20 in a spreadsheet, I'll also include the TunerPro XDF (just remove the ".txt") in case you would like to find some other relevant tables and where they are located in the binary. :thumb:

Edit: Anyone who is really curious, EB20 is 1994 (7-bolt N/A), but I figured out how to pull the code off of non-eprom ECUs and pulled the E856 code off of my own (early) 1992 (6-bolt N/A) Eclipse GS. I'll include that binary as well. Not that big of a difference, a few bytes here and there.

Attachments

• 1GNTDSMTables.xls
    72 KB · Views: 14
  • EB20-DSM_NA.xdf.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 10
  • E856-AE856-padded.bin
    32 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here are the tables as pulled from EB20 in a spreadsheet, I'll also include the TunerPro XDF (just remove the ".txt") in case you would like to find some other relevant tables and where they are located in the binary. :thumb:

Edit: Anyone who is really curious, EB20 is 1994 (7-bolt N/A), but I figured out how to pull the code off of non-eprom ECUs and pulled the E856 code off of my own (early) 1992 (6-bolt N/A) Eclipse GS. I'll include that binary as well. Not that big of a difference, a few bytes here and there.
Ah, great!

I'll look through them and see what's what. I noticed the attached Excel file is the AFR table?
I'm guessing I have to find the ignition table from that EB20 text file, correct?

Thanks

Ah, great!

I'll look through them and see what's what. I noticed the attached Excel file is the AFR table?
I'm guessing I have to find the ignition table from that EB20 text file, correct?

Thanks
Since I already have a Windows XP virtual machine with TunerPro and the files on it somewhere I’ll see what is on there…
It makes a nice little text export even. It is an actual text file this time.

Attachments

• EB20-tp-export.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 12
Do you have any kind of disassembly for a n/t bin?
Only what I personally have done, but yes. Uncommented mind you. I actually wrote a(the?) disassembler specifically to work on N/A binaries. The instructions are actually already linked in this thread:
At one time I wanted to do a project where you could take binaries and it would automatically comment the assembly using E932/1 disassembly as a reference. (There are tools for Ghidra to do such things. I also wrote a Ghidra processor definition to make disassembly even easier. Again, in the instructions linked above.)
I will see what I have laying around and will include it here if it is complete enough.

This is the EB20 binary disassembly listing I ended up with at the end of my research.
Again, not commented, but anyone who has spent several hundred hours staring at the E932 listings will see it looks fairly complete. LOL
I am not sure if it actually assembles back to a byte-for-byte of the original binary, but if anyone is interested I could check.
Anyone who is capable of assembling a binary from this should also know enough to not blow up their engine if they decided to try to use it, and accept their fate once it does anyway. That is to say, this is for research and preservation use only.

Attachments

• EB20-Test.lst.txt
    292.3 KB · Views: 11
The best i can do as they yahoo group is no longer around . I did download 99% of the files however my pc sprung a leak and i still havent fixed it and have no idea if I still Even have those files backed-up, there are eprom numbers on some of those , I know na eproms exist but are not common .

Edit probably not extremely useful for ya . Someone had to archive the files other than me . And no guarantee they had much for the N/A stuff
Is there a way I could get a copy of the yahoo group files from you?

I am starting to play around with my new to me EPROM ECU and would like to keep all the old information if possible as it seems to getting harder to find. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back