The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1G MAF pin label help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milby43

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2008
Laurel Springs, New_Jersey
Hey Im sure this has been covered, but I keep confusing my self with it.

I'm getting ready to solder together a plug for a 2g MAF to 1g connector.
I'm using a plug out of a 1g MAF I had. And I don't know which pin is which. I've been reading around on a lot of the threads talking about this, as well as VFAQ. But I my question still remains unanswered.

I'm using this guide for wiring.
2G MAF Plug wiring
1 - GY
2 - O
3 - LY
4 - R
5 - B
6 - RL
7 - RW
8 - None
But to what pins on my plug (attached picture below), do I solder these above wires too?

*MY QUESTION*
What pins are which when I look at the plug like this.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

And does my wiring above look right? The colors and pins are the same as that 2g guide above, as on my plug 2g plug.
I've done a lot of research on the wiring, but it seems everywhere I look its something different. I just don't want to wire it wrong, and fry something.

Thanks a lot guys, I want to get it soldered up tonight so I can get it on and tune tomorrow. Finally should get safc set up right with these 560s.

Andrew

if you read through this VFAQ it helps out alot. You will use the portion highlighted in red that says "wire side". I used this write up a while back and it works perfectly

this is looking at the back of each plug (wire side) clip on top

1 2 3 4 ______________________________1 2 3 4 5 6 7 x
x 6 7 8
1g plug ______________________________2g plug

1 idle position switch ------------------------- 7 volume airflow sensor reset signal
2 air flow sensor ------------------------------ 3 air flow sensor
3 mpi control relay --------------------------- 4 mpi control relay
4 5v supply for sensors----------------------- 1 5v supply for sensors
5 empty----------------------------------------- 8 empty
6 ground for sensors ---------------------------5 ground
7 baro -------------------------------------------2 baro
8 IAT---------------------------------------------6 IAT

Okay but, when I look at my plug how it is. How I have it in the picture. Is it set up the same way? Because Im not wiring it directly to the car, Im making a plug. I have a pigtail from the car I pulled the MAF out of. Soldering it to the plug I have.
(how I have it in the picture) going from what you posted is it like this?
6 2
7 3
8 4

Thank you so much, I was using the VFAQ write up. But the way im looking at it on my plug just confused the hell out of me. Thanks alot thought, getting it soldered up now.

EDIT : I can't solder for shit.

Ok so i had tried this and confused the 1g plug or something becuase I did not do it like yours..So when i threw on the scanner i got these codes...12,13,21,25,31...Now did i screw up the maf or anthing by wiring it wrong or can i just switch then and go for there

Ok so i had tried this and confused the 1g plug or something becuase I did not do it like yours..So when i threw on the scanner i got these codes...12,13,21,25,31...Now did i screw up the maf or anthing by wiring it wrong or can i just switch then and go for there

Most likely just switch them. I heard of people wiring it wrong, and not harming the car nor maf. Just to be safe, maybe an Ohm test?

tried this just now. Got a CEL, and ran super rich at idle. If I gave it gas, it would stall. I dont have a reader so I cant tell the code. Mostlikely MAF code. Maybe its the MAF itself cause I just double checked the wiring, and it all matches up to the post above. Any ideas?

Pulled the ecu out and sure enough its messed up. Doesn't look like i did it, kinda looks scratched on the ground grid and has some rusty corrosion on it in a few spots.Guess i gotta send it off to get it repaired

I looked at the plug wrong sorry it is a bit confusing it should be

8 4
7 3
6 2

I hope this helps

Haha yea, ended up being wiring :ohdamn:. Thanks though, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even been able to figure it out.

I looked again on VFAQ and it finally made sense. I like oh geez, but you still helped a great deal.

And for that Ithankya :hellyeah:

Runs great, except breaks up at 5500. Gotta look into it tomorrow. Might just be bad plugs. Happened before, just needs more time with tuning.

Pulled the ecu out and sure enough its messed up. Doesn't look like i did it, kinda looks scratched on the ground grid and has some rusty corrosion on it in a few spots.Guess i gotta send it off to get it repaired

I have a 2g gsx tcu if your interested. I dont know if your car is an automatic or not though. As for the ecu, get a new one thats socketed already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back