The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink 1g Knock Sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The MD141510 is an original part from Mitsubushi. The ad says "Genuine" so I would hold them to it and would use it on my motors.
I wouldn't use the ones from China, that say that they are the original "spec" sensor. I don't trust them to retard timing when it should.
Are you sure Paul is out of the sensors at RTM? I KNOW they are an original.
Marty

The MD141510 is an original part from Mitsubushi. The ad says "Genuine" so I would hold them to it and would use it on my motors.
I wouldn't use the ones from China, that say that they are the original "spec" sensor. I don't trust them to retard timing when it should.
Yeah, i went ahead and ordered one of the "Genuine" ones. Hopefully it works.

You won't have to worry about it, if it is an actual MD141510, it is the exact unit you need. :thumb:
I have 6 knock sensors in stock and 3 are MD141510's 1 is a offbrand but the same sensor and 2 are Standard Motors KS28's. I trust the Standard Motors KS28's also and am using one right now in one of my 1g's.

You won't have to worry about it, if it is an actual MD141510, it is the exact unit you need. :thumb:
I have 6 knock sensors in stock and 3 are MD141510's 1 is a offbrand but the same sensor and 2 are Standard Motors KS28's. I trust the Standard Motors KS28's also and am using one right now in one of my 1g's.

Well I got my knock sensor today. It's definitely not OEM. I'll be returning it and trying to find an oem one. Let me know if you want to sell one of those oem MD141510's

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yep...THAT...That is the same shit I got. Did it come in a plastic baggy with a note to leave 5 stars????
Mine did. They changed the ad I bought from after I pointed out the non-disclosure that the pictures were not of the actual product. Kinda looks like a 2g and the mfgr claimed it worked the same but when I asked if they'd back a $6000 motor on it they quit talking amd insisted I return it to CHINA.
I got my $ back and threw the thing in the trash since I didn't want to risk a brand new motor on it. They were pissed but it was Bait and Switch tactics.
Standard motors KS28 or MD 142510 is what I luckily have and trust.
My 2 cents, I feel your frustration!!!!

While searching for some info for a new member, I ran across these so get em while they're hot!!!
I hope that the stock that they show is factual. I found a generic brand here...............
https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/7082-05914187.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=DN&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=1990-1994+Mitsubishi+Eclipse+Knock+Sensor+GPD+90-94+Mitsubishi+Knock+Sensor+1991+1992&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Basecid=6774379819&aid=79287199093&keyword=432704981885::pla-432704981885&kid=432704981885&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6vffjO_m7AIV58uGCh1j2QztEAQYASABEgJPMvD_BwE

And they say that they have 2 OEM Original MD141510's, so if you are needing a sensor, you had probably better take a look.
Here is the link to the OEM units................
https://www.partsgeek.com/fc8ppv1-mitsubishi-eclipse-knock-sensor.html
Good luck to all, I have a few that I horded so I won't jump in on these like I did on Rockauto's units.
Marty

Do you know if the partsgeek one is OEM and there stock is correct?

I dont, sorry..

Yep...THAT...That is the same shit I got. Did it come in a plastic baggy with a note to leave 5 stars????
Mine did. They changed the ad I bought from after I pointed out the non-disclosure that the pictures were not of the actual product. Kinda looks like a 2g and the mfgr claimed it worked the same but when I asked if they'd back a $6000 motor on it they quit talking amd insisted I return it to CHINA.
I got my $ back and threw the thing in the trash since I didn't want to risk a brand new motor on it. They were pissed but it was Bait and Switch tactics.
Standard motors KS28 or MD 142510 is what I luckily have and trust.
My 2 cents, I feel your frustration!!!!

Mine came in this clear bag with the part number on it with a generic description of what the knock sensor is, and an invoice.
They're getting returned tomorrow. I did manage to find a used OEM one on one of the facebook pages and picked that up,and I placed an order for one through RTM too.

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_215346.jpg
    IMG_20210301_215346.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 40
That’s crazy,
I ordered the partsgeek one but I guess I’ll cancel the order... I was just going to give it a shot as there sku reads MD like most mitsu part numbers.

I believe in the other thread this was mentioned as the knock sensor for the 4g61 ? Let me see if I can find the thread.
According to RTM it says it's for the galants/mirage. this is the one I ordered from them so hopefully it works LOL

Reading that posting again, it says its an aftermarket sensor, I was curious if you were under the impression that it was the OEM MD131681 , none the less I bought the ebay one, I don't think I need one right now but I am stocking up to avoid these being discontinued as well..

Is this part really that difficult to find now?

I am new to the game, but ask some old timers...some will pop up and they go quick. They ceased production some time ago. NTK (sub of NGK for there sensor division) makes one, but I haven't found stock of it. Wondering if we did a group buy if they would produce...

There are some aftermarket ones out there, but the quality is questionable and its one of those things that I would prefer to always stick with the "tried and true" .

There are websites that say they have the OEM one like Partsgeek and Ebay but they are not OEM. Then there are sites that say they have stock, you order, then they email after and tell you its not in stock...

That’s crazy, what I currently have is one I bought at my local NAPA years ago, as in like 2014 LOL. It looked similar to the one I replaced, still looks new, although there’s not many miles on it, it just seems
like such an arbitrary part you wouldn’t think would be that difficult to replace, but good luck man:thumb:

Reading that posting again, it says its an aftermarket sensor, I was curious if you were under the impression that it was the OEM MD131681 , none the less I bought the ebay one, I don't think I need one right now but I am stocking up to avoid these being discontinued as well..

I should get the one from RTM on Monday so I'll throw up a picture of it when I get it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back