The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1g jdm AWD tranny gearing vs. 2g AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefferino

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
Detroit, Michigan
Does anyone know if the 1g JDM tranny has a different gearing than the 2g. I am about to swap in a 1g JDM AWD into my car and I am just concerned about the gearing being different. I want to make sure that my acceleration won't be hurt by the installation. PLEASE LEMME KNOW ASAP! I am thinking of installing the last weekend in April.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help everyone!

you wont be able to do the swap. 1g jdm awd trannies have 1 tranny mount. your 2g has 3 tranny mounts so your car is only going to have 2 mounts which wont cut it. sorry to break the bad new to you bro. but yes the jdm tranny gearing is a lil different. first gear is a lil taller. and the t case is a lil stronger other than that nothing is different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back