The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

1g Intake manifold bolts... So, I need a bluetooth torque wrench ?

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInColorado

Probationary Member
Apr 22, 2024
PARKER, Colorado
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Doing some brake line work on the firewall and I had to remove the manifold to make room. Holy cow, are these bottom bolts hard to get to!
How does one go about putting them back on and torquing them to spec? Or just use a stubby wrench and set it to "good'n'tight"?

Those are some of the proper bane of my existence bolts, always tears up my forearms doing mani swaps in place.
I've always torqued by feeling given its torque range and limited access. Just be aware of how much force you need on the upper bolts, and it helps setting the lowers.

They’re a huge PITA for sure. I use a ratchet wrench and just tighten slowly until I can feel it bottoming out like a spark plug.

Now try to install a cyclone intake. It’ll have you considering pulling the engine to install it.

They’re a huge PITA for sure. I use a ratchet wrench and just tighten slowly until I can feel it bottoming out like a spark plug.

Now try to install a cyclone intake. It’ll have you considering pulling the engine to install it.
What cracked said, if you use a little arp lube on the flange of the bolt it makes feeling that sweet spot a lot easier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back