The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G in a 2G CAS w/ Magnus/RRE Harness - Long pigtail of any benefit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High PSI

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2004
USA, Australia
If you're using the RRE/Magnus plug-and-play harness on a 1G swap into a 2G, is there any benefit of getting a green-top with a long pigtail (89-90) over the plug type harness (91-92)?

This is going into a 1995 GSX BTW.

EDIT: Just found the answer to my question on the RRE page:

RRE's Eclipse New Products

"It connects to a 91-94 1G Eclipse CAS"

"It does not work if you buy a '90 CAS"

Are you talking about the 2G Eclipse 1G Motor Swap CAS Harness? I am doing this in my 95 gsx and i am going to use a black top CAS.

Are you talking about the 2G Eclipse 1G Motor Swap CAS Harness? I am doing this in my 95 gsx and i am going to use a black top CAS.

Yep - doing the same to my 95 GSX. I believe the black top is best but they're a bit harder to find. From what I gather the green top will work fine but you need a plug type.

Yea i found my black top on here. Put up a want to buy ad in the classifieds ads. I haven't got mine installed on my block yet but i will soon.

Yep - doing the same to my 95 GSX. I believe the black top is best but they're a bit harder to find. From what I gather the green top will work fine but you need a plug type.

This is what i was thinking too, can anyone confirm? I have a 90 green top with a plug and i was planning on using it with a 97+ wire harness... will this work? i thought it would :confused:

You need the RRE wiring harness. On one end it has two plug in's and those go to the stock cam and crank hook up. Then on the other is where the 1g CAS will plug in. i used a black top they are the hall effect type. The green top is a optical type. I have the wiring harness and black top just need installed.

You need the RRE wiring harness. On one end it has two plug in's and those go to the stock cam and crank hook up. Then on the other is where the 1g CAS will plug in. i used a black top they are the hall effect type. The green top is a optical type. I have the wiring harness and black top just need installed.

Yeah i plan on getting the harness once i get closer to turning the car on but my set up should work, right?

Yea i found my black top on here. Put up a want to buy ad in the classifieds ads. I haven't got mine installed on my block yet but i will soon.

I put one up and I've gotten a ton of PM's but they're all greentops. I'm not too bothered either way...the black top is just "theoretically" better. The actual performance difference is most likely negligible if apparent at all.

This is what i was thinking too, can anyone confirm? I have a 90 green top with a plug and i was planning on using it with a 97+ wire harness... will this work? i thought it would :confused:

ANy 1q CAS will work. If you get an 89-90 you have to wire it in yourself. With a 91-94 you can use an RRE/Magnus harness. The harness can work with a 95-99, you just have to let Magnus/RRE know what year car to build the harness for.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back