The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1g HVAC relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drich970

Probationary Member
Mar 20, 2015
Fort Morgan, Colorado
I've used these forums for years to gather information and knowledge. Wanted to give back to the community in some form. I'm looking to maybe 3d print some 1g radio dins that fit the HVAC controls in the bottom so you can fit 60mm gauges in the center.

This has been done before a couple times by previous members. The mod is not plug and play, it requires extra work with the cables and controller to fit properly. Once it's done it's worth it though. I did this mod for many reasons, mostly personal. If anybody has interest in something like this let me know.

Thanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry for the late reply, just got off work. As far as the modding goes, 2 of the 3 cables are long enough. The recirculate cable needs extended around 4-5 inches. I kept a/c in my car so I wanted this function. People that delete their a/c could go without this function. Next I just lined up the actual controller for the hvac system behind the cover and mounted it. It's a tight fit but it works.

This first relocation was done with a factory double din radio bezel. I intend to 3d print this double din to clean up some of the edges and make it more user friendly so it's more of a plug and play deal instead of all the cutting and hacking.

Took a few more pics of the setup. I'm about 80% done. Just need to wire up the original lighting. I'm not trying to get rich selling these. Was just curious if a few members were interested I could print a few extra when I print mine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back