The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 1g high stall torque converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerettaDan

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Does anyone still make a 1g converter? I can’t find anyone that sells them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be another but this is the only place I know of.
Make sure you are sitting down before you open the link OMG

I’m looking for a high stall converter guess I should have specified that. I found someone selling a sinister draginator anyone have any experience with this converter

I'd be willing to "test" it for you.........;)
IPT does restalls of converters but I don't know if John has any 1g converters in stock.
FWIW, some of the big names in DSMs that run auto's run Florida Torque converters. I think Adrianna Noonan runs one if I recall.

I was just in this same ship recently, I'd been a long time auto guy and couldn't believe the state of our trans community after finally having a serious issue. I then did weeks and weeks of research etc and here's what I got for you to help. PM me if you need part numbers for stock converters ....

IPT needs your core for a re-stall, around 3-4 weeks needed. John is a long time and trusted DSM Trans member, highly recommend and why I'm putting him here first.

Florida appears to be a re-stall but maybe there's something new but I'm sure it's a stock converter core still. They sell stock cores for like $350-650 on eBay so that seems like a bit much personally.

Branco is done in the DSM world as far as I've seen. Though they did seem to have a custom bolt together converter which seems crazy cool.

You can try Precision, I did. 2g converter in a 1g trans but you need the JB install kit and Precision doesn't sell it. I had no luck contacting Jeff B many times through email or Facebook in Dec and even after talking to Precision. Don't know if this is still an option for the 1g crew but I guess you can try and see, then reply back.

As a last ditch, desperate effort, I was able to contact Mike at Sinister as a Hail Mary. I didn't think it would even work and he replied and rebuilt my converter in 1.5 weeks after my sad story of DSM setbacks convinced him to help. Hahaha

I couldn't get emails back from many DSM Trans/ Converter people and this guy replies back the same day, from the dead and rebuilds it in a fast time frame like the past even while the shop seems to be in transition. I don't want to step on Sinisters toes but I got really lucky and it appears as if the 1g trans won't be a rough road to get converter things for soon. You can contact him, I think he won't care, website is down though, not sure what converters are available like in the past but I got a 9" Strokinator.....

[email protected]

car-cannibal how do u like the strokinator? Did you or know anyone that ran the Draginator 9.5”. Does anyone know what kind of power a stock restall can handle? I’m new to the auto world and this will be my 1st auto car so sorry if I repeat myself. I plan on being around 800 plus hp so just trying to buy once. I’m going to contact Mike to get his input thanks everyone

car-cannibal how do u like the strokinator? Did you or know anyone that ran the Draginator 9.5”. Does anyone know what kind of power a stock restall can handle? I’m new to the auto world and this will be my 1st auto car so sorry if I repeat myself. I plan on being around 800 plus hp so just trying to buy once. I’m going to contact Mike to get his input thanks everyone
Ive had really good luck with the stock 1g converter in my car. Last time my trans was out I took the converter to a local converter shop and had them cut it open to clean and inspect it. I had them tig weld the fins and replace the bearing. The stator was stock and left alone since it was working good with my setup. It was around $200 to have that done. Its held up good so far and my car also touched 8's with it.

Blue90d3w
Ive had really good luck with the stock 1g converter in my car. Last time my trans was out I took the converter to a local converter shop and had them cut it open to clean and inspect it. I had them tig weld the fins and replace the bearing. The stator was stock and left alone since it was working good with my setup. It was around $200 to have that done. It’s held up good so far and my car also touched 8's with it.
was this on a completely stock converter or a restall

NOS or all turbo? :cool::shhh:

I remember a guy named Beans in TX had the stock/non-restalled OEM 1G converter into the 9's as well. On a twin-scroll HX40. He could stall it up on the stock converter with no nitrous as well. I <3 the OEM 1G converter honestly. Especially compared to the tightwad ass 2G one.

I have a T4 twin scroll housing for my HX40 but that thing is HEAVY and bulky. I have it, I will probably never use it though.

I was running a sinister until I blew it up. Florida torque converters built me a heavy duty high stall converter for about a grand. Pricy but these converters are getting harder to find especially without a good core.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back