The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g gsx/tsi owners read this please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse93b

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2002
Edina, Minnesota
k ive asked this question before but nobody knew, so i decided to ask the experts [ thats you guys ] so here it goes. i just bought my second dsm, its a 1991 eclipse gsx and i brought the car in for an alignment and they told me that the hub is bent. goodyear wanted 450 for parts and 270 for labor!!!!! so i told them to go to hell. so i got a quote from san rafeal mitsubishi saying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PD1000DB SAN RAFAEL MITSUBISHI
5/07/03
SA1MICHAEL Parts Transactions - Counter Sale
10:18:21
============================================================================
==
1. Ctr Name MICHAEL MCGUCKIN
2. Customer DSM CAR CLUB MEMBER 5. Price Level
PL-1
3. Phone PO# Sale Type
Wholesale
Opt Part Number/Description Bin/Shelf Qty/Avl List Net
Exten
MB664332 : SHAFT ASSY,RR AXLE 1/NG 172.08 137.66

kyle I would have to order the axle, your vechicle
does not have a seperate hub with bearing its part of the rear stub axle price is included in this email. price does not include shipping

thanks for the loyalty I will take care of everything your need.
thanks mike

-------------------------------------------

i was told by some dsm'ers that the hub/bearing assymbly slides on to the axle, and the bearing is pressed into the hub. if no-one can help, can a moderator/wiseman at least give me some info.

thanks
kyle-

San Diego Mitsubishi says you can get a hub assembly which comes with a small shaft that slides into the axle connecting to the drive shaft. The whole package is 197.89. Hope this helps.:dsm:

its the rear hub;) i dont have a fax machine and mike told me he could fax me a pic of the assymbly but looks like im screwed for that. for what he told me youd have to replace the axle !!!! and i was told from other people that you can just slide it off. so i dunno

No they're seperate pieces. Undo the the three bolts holding the axle to the hub http://www.vfaq.com/proj-pics/4bolt/4bolt-001sml.jpg then undo the 27mm nut and remove the axle cup. Remove the caliper and rotor. Then tap on the thread shaft that the 27mm nut came off of, the whole hub will pop out of the trailing arm.
They are seperate pieces. I know because I replaced the bearings on mine last fall.
Talk to Josh at Conicelli Mitsubishi, he'll get you the right parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back