The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

General 1g GSX BADLY NEED help tuning with Tuner Pro and Ostrich 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanatos3399

Probationary Member
Mar 14, 2015
Troutville, Virginia
Hello guys. I know there is some stuff about this in some threads from many years ago. But I have a beautiful 90 GSX with a brand new 6 bolt built fairly tough. Different intake similar to a Cyclone intake. Says EFI Multi on it. Stock crank, Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods. Stock head. HKS Delta .272 lift cams. Brand new full exhaust front to rear. 3.5" I think. (No Cat) New FMIC. My DSM mechanic used Ostrich 2.0 and Jackal to put a base tune on (which apparantly can't be downloaded anymore) and instead of MAF he used Speed Density. When he was finished with the car it ran very great except he was unhappy with the 1000cc Ebay injectors He just couldn't get the air fuel mix steady due to cheap Ebay trash. I was strongly recommended to replace them and I did with FIC Low Z 850's. Also had to replace an Ebay20g turbo (failed after about 100 miles) with a EVO 3 16g. I am attempting and learning TunerPro RT but may have overwrittin the .bin file with a basic 1G tune. I really don't know much about tuning at all. My last muscle car was a 74 Firebird that I sold 20 years ago. I got the car to idle again after destroying the .bin but the car doesn't drive correctly AT ALL. I mean, its undrivable currently. It stutters on take off bad. It rev's but with hesitation. The only good thing so far is that I got the car to idle, but @ about 1400 RPM. I know TunerPro RT isn't for newbs, but I don't really have a choice right now. I'm a computer technician and only a backyard mechanic. Anyone that can give me some detailed instructions would be my hero and I would even pay for the info! Or just where to find the correct .adx and .xdf files and correct values to use. The DSM mechanic that built my car has a full time job and new baby and just can't take the time to tune my car. It ran very good even with the crappy injectors. Only about 100 miles on the motor. I'm moving to AZ from VA within months and must get the car running correctly enough to get it to a 4 wheel Dyno 3 hours away from my current home.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back