The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1g engine fusebox

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiedchardshark

Probationary Member
May 1, 2017
almelo, Europe
Dear sirs/madams/and tech gods.

I found that the fuse batt is connected to the ground but I have no idea where the wire goes to. It's about the white/redstriped cable. I have been looking for a hour with no success.

Is there a manual or diagram for this? I looked on the site but most of them the website is gone.

Could someone with a spare one make a picture of the complete loom.

with kind regards.

shark

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more that my main relay for the ECU does not get 12 v and I diagnosted it to the batt fuse 40 amp that's making a short to ground.

I will download the manuals and continue from that.

the batt fuse 40 amp that's making a short to ground.

If it was the fuse would quickly blow.

There isn't a 40A fuse directly off the battery. The ECU switches and is powered by the 20A MPI fuse on the battery and uses the 30A Ignition Fuse to the switch to tell it to turn on. The 40A fusible link above provides the constant power (unswitched) that goes to 10A fuse #19 in the multi-purpose fuse box that provides the backup power for the ECU and is required for it to sense the ignition switch turning on and activate the MPI relay to power the ECU all the way up.

Everything hanging off Fusible Link #6 (40A) have other fuses inline that should blow if there was a short off them.

How are you determining there is a short to ground?

if you tell it me like that i am thinking about measuring everything again. and write it all down i will do this wensday. after thinking about it i think i made a measuring error (it was 12pm and freezing).

the 40 amp batt fuse was connected to the ground i did this with measuring with resistance.

my plan now print out the diagrams write it all down and measure again.

Be careful measuring resistances between power and ground. Things can look like 0 ohms but if you keep the probes on the value will change as the capacitors in the circuits start charging up from the voltage the tester provides.

If you have a real short it's going to blow fuses.

It's not much warmer right now in Boulder, so I get it.

i disconnected the ends by the ECU and other control modules so i don't blow them up. Still didn't have time because of my study.

I am now engineering a cruise control module for a electronic throttle body and gas pedal for the hydromotive team I am in (if this works out i can make it on my 1g). So the update will be somewhere next week.

Update:

measured everything again found no shorts (i measured wrong that on me)
Then I found this website: https://www.hotrodwiki.com/images/2/26/1991_to_94_4g63_engine_swap_wiring_diagram.jpg
checked the mpi again everything was okay until i looked at position 103

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I quess I forgot to wire that after I made my own wire harnass. Now I don't know if this is the problem but I will get wire this week and wire it in Saturday and look if it was this.

Will this be the last puzzle piece after 3 years of building this car to get it ready for the road and tuned i hope so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back