The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1g. fmic help!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZZXnickXZZ

Probationary Member
May 18, 2002
Bakersfield, California
Ok, I'm looking at getting a fmic for my 1g. and wanted to see what you guys recommend? I'd like to buy the core with all the piping and hardware. Do I need the slim fans if I get a fmic? How easy it to install a fmic kit? Does the core come with mounting brackets? Any help greatly appreciated:)

what turbo do you have, and what turbo do you plan to have. that will determine which fmic we recommend however i would buy one from IRC whichever size you end up needing

IRC is the way to go for a nice FMIC setup that comes with everything you need. 1 hi-flow slim line fan is all you need. Install is time consuming but not very difficult, but can be done in a day. Some cutting and shaping is required, but it is minimal unless you decide to keep the bumper.

I have a DSM Performance one on my car with custom IC piping. I LOVE it looks mean!! IT flows 1250 cfm at 1 Psi of pressure drop. Very good core!!

Yeah I kinda had it narrowed down between IRC, DSM Motorsport, and Darkside Racing. Right now I'm running the stock 14b. however I'm planning on getting a 20g. or larger turbo in the future, so I'm thinking of going with the Spearco #2-120 core. What exactly are the slim fans for? How would I know if I only need one or two?

the slim fans are for more room in the engine bay. Ken says lots of people have installed his cores with the stock fans. The 13" isn't very expensive, and not only gives you more room ( no trimming necessary ), but it flows much more cfm than stock and will help in cooling issues!!!

Originally posted by GSX JOE
Quick question, can anyone tell me how to wire up the slim fans to the stock fan harness?

Directions come with the fans.

As for fitting an IRC FMIC with the stock fans, it doesn't work. You have to go with slim fans to make room for the IC piping.

Holy jesus batman!!!! This post is almost 8 god damn months old!!
yes instrucitons shoudl come with the fan, if not PM me and Ill help you out. The stock fans can work with the IRC front mounts. ken says he has had a few that kep them, Im not sure how but he sayd it has worked...

yes the fans are super easy to wire, just tap the exsisting harness. remember its only a power and ground wire.:thumb: i run both the 13" and the 11 inch.

351talon_side_2.jpg

hey thanks for all the help guys, I know this thread is old! I used the search function and i got this one LOL. Anyway im helping one of my friends install his indy race fmic this weekend along w/ slim fans.

There werent any instructions though w/ the fans. I figured you would just tap into the stock wires but im not sure which goes to where. I believe the stock harness has 4 wires and the slim fan harness has 2 but im not sure which goes to which, any help would be appreciated thanks a lot!

How do most people run the slim lines Pushers or Pullers? My IRC Race Core should be here in a few weeks. I still havent ordered the fans yet. I ran out of cash after the FMIC, L3R, 40mm Tial ;)

I would be very interested in seeing pictures of an IRC FMIC using stock fans. Maybe for the street core, but certainly not the race core!

I have installed that intercooler on both a 16G powered car and my car, and both configurations made it absolutely impossible to use the stock fans. At least on a 1st gen.

I would like to see a pic also. Ive installed the street and race on a 1G as well, both 16g powered and tehre really is no difference that woudl make it easier for one or the other to keep them... But I would like to see how it was done as well

The stock radiator fan can be kept w/ 20g style turbos w/ the outlet pointing down. The Jpipe make is impossible to keep the stock rad fan. The AC fan must be either replaced w/ a slimline or eliminated all together. The wiring on the fans is very simple... power & ground. The other 2 wires in the rad fan plug are for the fan switch in the bottom of the radiator. Just cut out the 2 fan wires out of that plug & replace them w/ the supplied plug that came w/ the fans. The just use the stock plug as you normally would (minus the fan wires) so that the fan switch still works.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back