The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G End Case broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Since I am new I have to post this in the newbie section. What kind of fix is there for a broken end case on the 5 speed in a 1990 Talon AWD? This one has a crack probably 6 inches long and yes the nut had backed off of the 5th gear shaft. Lotsa, "goodies" in the bottom of the end case but luckily nothing got into the gear set, just a broken 5th gear syncro, wave spring and syncro dogs. Chime in with your own fixes or what the best couse of action would be. I am pretty well acquainted with gear boxes so maybe just finding another end case is the only true, good fix. I'm open to all comments. Thanks.

Thanks. Good answer to a stupid question. Are they available?

Does anyone know why a nut that is torqued to 107ft/lbs and staked come loose?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back