The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g eclipse maximum hp NA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroganRacing11

Probationary Member
Mar 21, 2021
Fleetwood, North_Carolina
I’ve seen a couple threads of people talking about getting the most hp of a NA 4g63. This is for a dirt oval track car where turbos and nitrous are both illegal and can’t be run. I’m just trying to figure out what else can be done to the engine to push anymore hp out of it. Port polished, shaved head, ported intake, bottom end is 30 over, has stage 2 comp cams, has bigger injectors valves done, i have a tuned and chipped computer, light flywheel and locked trans. I’ve heard of people saying the right cams will help you push more of your car but never labeled what those cams are. If anybody can help it’d be appreciated, Honda’s are where it’s at as far as NA but I’m trying to take a different approach and I believe it can be done in some sort of way.

a NA 4g63 will never be able to keep up with a k-series (with true vtec head) because of the VTC.
Is there a mivec head that will work on your block? Are you running high compression pistons?

a NA 4g63 will never be able to keep up with a k-series (with true vtec head) because of the VTC.
Is there a mivec head that will work on your block? Are you running high compression pistons?
Unfortunately mivec won’t work. I didn’t build the car which is why I was trying to get more out of it. I’m unsure what pistons he used after the machine work to the block.

If the engine is not built yet, go with stroker that would be the easiest way on a N/A engine. If the engine is already built, you can't expect much to gain power. If I were you, I would consider to spend that money to change gearing and suspension, brake, tires first rather than modifications under the hood.

If the engine is not built yet, go with stroker that would be the easiest way on a N/A engine. If the engine is already built, you can't expect much to gain power. If I were you, I would consider to spend that money to change gearing and suspension, brake, tires first rather than modifications under the hood.
Could you go more in depth with gearing. Brakes aren’t really used on dirt or atleast not for me LOL. Tires I need to go smaller to turn more rpms that’s what I’ve been thinking about doing. I’ve also been trying weld track bars in the back but haven’t got around to it yet since it was handling great other than digging into some turns.

If you have tuning capabilities, look into adjustable cam gears. Get those dialed in properly to move your power band where you need it. You won't net much power, but like I said you can put the power band right where you need it.
Like AEM? That’s only ones I’ve been seeing I think he put the factory cam gears back on after swapping cams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like AEM? That’s only ones I’ve been seeing I think he put the factory cam gears back on after swapping cams.
Brand names don't make a difference on how they perform, the adjustability does. That being said, no Ebay junk should be used.

Could you go more in depth with gearing. Brakes aren’t really used on dirt or atleast not for me LOL. Tires I need to go smaller to turn more rpms that’s what I’ve been thinking about doing.
What I meant is I would consider to go with different gear ratios and better parts around suspensions to fit better with the track or your driving, because I think that would be more beneficial than adding more modifications under the hood in this case.
Like AEM? That’s only ones I’ve been seeing
Please refer the post #24 in the link below for aftermarket cam gears.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/base-timing-hks-gears.533871/#post-153799497

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back