The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1g DSM ECU pin 11 function?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peon_slayer

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2008
grande prairie, AB_Canada
hey everyone I am wondering is someone happens to know what the purpose of pin 11 is on a 91 awd dsm. I know it has something to do with the abs but what exactly is it doing? I need to know because I am making a jumper harness for my link stormX ecu to plug into the factory harness and need to know if this wire is needed and if its not used if it will stop the abs from working or what signal I need to tell this wire. thanks for the help!

Solution
I wasn't sure when you PM'ed me but I did some searching and can confirm my supposition, it's to tell the ECU to idle up the engine to adjust for the heavy load on the electrical system that the ABS pump creates.

The details are spread across the 1G, 2G DTM, and 3000GT manuals.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pin 11 is an INPUT pin so it is looking for a signal of some type, usually 0-5 volts. I haven't had a DSM with ABS so I haven't personally had any action with that particular pin.

Marty's correct it's an input to the ECU but like some of the other inputs the ECU is providing the voltage and the other side signals by pulling the voltage low.
Pin 11 is an INPUT pin so it is looking for a signal of some type, usually 0-5 volts. I haven't had a DSM with ABS so I haven't personally had any action with that particular pin.

I wasn't sure when you PM'ed me but I did some searching and can confirm my supposition, it's to tell the ECU to idle up the engine to adjust for the heavy load on the electrical system that the ABS pump creates.

The details are spread across the 1G, 2G DTM, and 3000GT manuals.

Marty's correct it's an input to the ECU but like some of the other inputs the ECU is providing the voltage and the other side signals by pulling the voltage low.

Solution
you guys are awesom thanks so then this is hopefully something that my new ecu should be able to handle no issues may just need to add a relay in but hopefully not!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back