The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G DSM AUTO Sleeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_20151024_212954.jpg
Nice! :thumb: Keep it going! I want to see how those wheels look on that car...

About to get started on putting it back together. I had a really hard time deciding on wheels, I actually found a picture of this car on Google Images and then later realized the member was on here. I picked up the same wheels as visionpaintball a member here. Not my car all credit to him, hoping mine will be as badass in a year or so.

Here you go :)

rsz_20160331_121746[1].jpg

Here's the front subframe back from the powder coater! It's a semi gloss black. Finish is super durable and looks great. Just to ask you guys think I should stick with this color or run a more flat black color for everything? Just kinda wondering.

Car should be going back together and on the road by May I'm hoping!

I think flat looks great, but sometimes you can see every little spot of oil or wetness on it, just because it's shiny on a matte surface... I'd just recommend if you can clean it easy, like a valve cover or catch can, go matte if you want, otherwise at least a semi-gloss to help hide things. Besides that, do what you think looks best :thumb:

20160508_185218.jpg
1462434901078.jpg
20160504_151749.jpg
20160504_162846.jpg
20160502_173321.jpg
20160420_150943.jpg
Well I got the Subframe back together and just got it in the car. I also POR15 the whole bottom are where it mounts in. This is basically a paint that prevents any rust, not that the car is rusty but I figured I'd get it done while it was out :)

I also had to do quite a bit of machine work on a lathe to get the upper control arms to fit. Took over half of them off!

Got new inner and outer tie rod ends on my manual rack as well as new boots and regressed it all.

Picked up a front crossmember option #2 from GST Racer and it looks excellent! Thanks again man.

Also picked up new asentric bolts from JNZ as well as a transmission cooler cooler kit. I'll show how I mounted this guy later on!

If someone has any questions on all of this don't be afraid to ask!

Last edited:
Forgot to mention every wheel bearing is brand new oem! All of the hubs are also now NON ABS so I fully did the ABS delete :)

Sorry for not posting more, full time school, work 6 days a week, flight lessons, I'm an extremely busy DSMr...

So I ran into a couple of complete nightmares along the way of getting it back together. I have a car show I wanted to be at this upcoming weekend so I have been working day and night without taking breaks to do anything else pretty much. The original sway bar links wouldn't work with the new Moog arms, or work with the 1.8l style OEM rubber bushing type sway bar link. I found out Moog made a special replacement part for this though and got it overnight shipped to myself.

I also put some POR15 on the drive shaft just to clean it up, and installed my Torque Solutions metal bushings when I reinstalled it. Damn they fit nice :)

I also installed my front crossmember from GST Racer here on Tuners. WARNING TO AUTO GUYS. This will not fit with the automatic mount to the block! Part number 506 on the mount! I had to use part number 347 from a manual AWD.

I test fit my wheels and had to go buy some very very slim lugs in order to make them fit.

I fully polished the exhaust, downpipe, intercooler, some of the piping, etc. with some Mothers Aluminum Polish. My dad always used this stuff to shine up his Harley and it worked great. I'll post some pics of this later.
20160515_040939[1].jpg
20160513_014015[1].jpg
20160513_011626[1].jpg

20160518_040404[1].jpg
20160518_214540[1].jpg
20160518_222931[1].jpg
Car is looking so much better than it was when I first got it :) At least in my opinion. I'm loving it.

Please note these pictures are after sitting in a dirty garage all winter and being worked on. She's gonna shine up a whole lot more once I get the wax out!

Nice build. Do you happen to have any pics of the front sway bar link set up with those new arms?

Yes man sorry for being so inactive lately. I had a death in the family and have been kinda devastated and not messing with the car for a week or two....

I'm not actually 100% positive If I used the correct part here but it's what Moog told me to do. I actually had a big hassle once I noticed that the arms were different.

Oh, and the build is just getting started :) Thanks man!
20160613_160147.jpg

Great looking 1G man, really like the purple. Is it Illusion Purple done by Justin @Detective Coating by chance? The guy does amazing work and I am looking to get a bunch of my parts coated by him once I get everything in from shipping haha.

Yes sir it was all done by Justin. His stuff is more like artwork than powder coating LOL

Car is looking awesome. Was the swaybar end link just on the wrong side? I went with moog and had no issues

Car is looking awesome. Was the swaybar end link just on the wrong side? I went with moog and had no issues

You mean as in the swaybar flipped upside down? Just curious.

Forgot what I did but I ended up resolving it. I think I possibly got parts for a 1.8 originally? Or I flipped the swaybar was awhile ago!

Not that the sway bar was upside down just that the endlink was flipped from the outside rather than the inside of the swat bar.... Either way sounds like you have it sorted and the car is looking awesome man!!!

Not that the sway bar was upside down just that the endlink was flipped from the outside rather than the inside of the swat bar.... Either way sounds like you have it sorted and the car is looking awesome man!!!

Thank you and everyone else! Looking to put no less than 600 to the ground through the Auto :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back