The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 1g dsm 1990 awd outlander brake system on my wheel rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakroda

Proven Member
May 3, 2016
İstanbul, Europe
Hello
I would like to buy outlander brake system but before doing this process i need to learn my wheel rims will be fit on my dsm
Please have a check my rim specs
if it fits I will get the parts, my rims 2g dsm rims i guess
thanks.
Wheels measure 16x6" +46mm offset
Wheels carry a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and 67.1 Center bore

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I can not find 1GA pistons because I am in Turkey:) there are 10 talons in turkey and they are not spare :)but i can find outlander parts 2.0 or 2.4 I read dsm tuners article some people made this modification their 16 rims cars.

Is your car AWD? If so, you use your existing calipers and just change the brackets. I run the Outlander brakes with my 15" slicks and they clear, and they'll clear some of the OEM 16" wheels with plenty of room, but it depends on the spoke design, width, offset, etc.

Is your car AWD? If so, you use your existing calipers and just change the brackets. I run the Outlander brakes with my 15" slicks and they clear, and they'll clear some of the OEM 16" wheels with plenty of room, but it depends on the spoke design, width, offset, etc.
Pls response back this info is treasure for me my car is imported from USA on 2001 year and yes my car is AWD 1990 not 1993 i thought I just can use only with 93 upwards calipers so can i use them on my calipers? thanks

Sorry, thought since you had 2G wheels it was a 2G car. Yes, for an early 1G, you'll want any 92.5-up AWD brake caliper which will bolt right onto the outlander bracket. Ideally you want to stay with 1G calipers as the 2G and non-DSM ones have different attachments for the lines (inverted flare vs banjo). Rotors are outlander and pads are standard DSM dual piston.

what about rear system? can i replace them with outlander's rear brake system? I mean rotor and caliper?

Sorry, thought since you had 2G wheels it was a 2G car. Yes, for an early 1G, you'll want any 92.5-up AWD brake caliper which will bolt right onto the outlander bracket. Ideally you want to stay with 1G calipers as the 2G and non-DSM ones have different attachments for the lines (inverted flare vs banjo). Rotors are outlander and pads are standard DSM dual piston.
Steve, so all we need to do is just get the outlander bracket and rotors? What is the advantage of putting a bigger rotor on if we are using the same size pad? Just more surface area to dissipate heat?

Actually I can not find rotor and caliper in my country that s why i need to swap with outlander system.

Actually I can not find rotor and caliper in my country that s why i need to swap with outlander system.
Steve, so all we need to do is just get the outlander bracket and rotors? What is the advantage of putting a bigger rotor on if we are using the same size pad? Just more surface area to dissipate heat?
Yes, if you have factory dual piston calipers you just need the brackets and rotors. Less prone to warp, less fade with repeated stops, and the rotor design is different so they're negligibly heavier than stock rotors.

I found rotor in my country and i will get calipers with bracket but i am really confused about 16 rims i hope it will fit to my rims and i attched the calipers Am i on the right way:)

Are yiu actually trying to improve braking or just make a repair? That caliper by itself won't work. As mentioned earlier the brake lines are different. 1g used an inverted flare. Like the 2g dsm outlander uses a banjo fitting so you will need to source different lines also. If you just need pistons to make a repair those are available.

Are yiu actually trying to improve braking or just make a repair? That caliper by itself won't work. As mentioned earlier the brake lines are different. 1g used an inverted flare. Like the 2g dsm outlander uses a banjo fitting so you will need to source different lines also. If you just need pistons to make a repair those are available.
i am trying to improve it i have stock 1990 awd brake system why does this dual pistons does not work out which is showned attached picture can u explain it pls i was buying it but you said these calipers are not working but you say i need outlander calipers it comes with outlander caliper in this brake system maybe its for 276 rotors that s why you say it s not working on my talon? i will buy 296 rotors thanks for response

From my understanding, the calipers are the same between the 03 and 05-06 models. However, if you want to take advantage of the 296mm rotors, you will need the 05-06 mounting brackets for the calipers. Otherwise, you will have to purchase the 276mm rotors if you plan to keep the 2003 Outlander mounting brackets.

From my understanding, the calipers are the same between the 03 and 05-06 models. However, if you want to take advantage of the 296mm rotors, you will need the 05-06 mounting brackets for the calipers. Otherwise, you will have to purchase the 276mm rotors if you plan to keep the 2003 Outlander mounting brackets.
they changed the caliper on 05-06? or 05-06 mounting brackets are matching with my knuckle you mean that?

The caliper is the same. The mounting bracket is different. The 05-06 bracket pushes the caliper farther away from the knuckle, allowing the use of the larger 296mm rotor. The 03 mounting bracket only allows you to run a 276mm rotor.

god bless you i got it :) so i will find 2003-2006 calipers and i will find 05-06 mounting brackets Am i right? it s hard to find in here i will order from rockauto

yeah i read it a lot times but i don t have experince about tech details:) i want to be sure what will i order sorry about that:(

Last edited:
i am trying to improve it i have stock 1990 awd brake system why does this dual pistons does not work out which is showned attached picture can u explain it pls i was buying it but you said these calipers are not working but you say i need outlander calipers it comes with outlander caliper in this brake system maybe its for 276 rotors that s why you say it s not working on my talon? i will buy 296 rotors thanks for response
What I'm saying is your 1990 has different brake lines. The caliper and brackets should bolt up but the lines from the 90 will not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back