The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g dam fel pro exhaust manifold gasket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptncreme

Probationary Member
Feb 10, 2017
Austin, Texas
So I'm putting the head back on the beast and got a fel pro head gasket set, came with a nice MLS exhaust manifold gasket, but the holes for the ports of the gasket are much larger than the exhaust ports on the head or manifold, is this normal??

How big? Can you get a pic?

I literally just put a fel pro EM gasket on.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Are the holes like this?

Ya looks like that, just the holes where the exhaust ports are bigger than the actual exhaust ports of the cylinder head, I think it will still work just looks odd

It will seal as long as you got the correct kit. Torque it as well, 10-14 lbs and work from inside towards outer in a starish pattern if you can to help seal it. Good luck!

Thanks, ya we'll see, I'll have it all back together in the next couple days. All bolt holes line up just port holes larger

Well thought about that, but it would be ALOT of material, like 1/4 inch around ports, seems excessive, all the other gaskets were right an package had not been opened

Well my Mr Gasket embossed copper was ALMOST restrictive for my header so I think I am gonna try the FelPro and report back after I wrap it and the DP. I will post a picture.

Ya mine seems to have much smaller diameter ports on both the manifold and head, searched the net as much as I can and all the heads I've seen on the exhaust side have about the same size black soot ring. Just seems odd, guess I could port match

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back