The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g daily street car to drag car build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91gsx123

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 25, 2010
louisville, Kentucky
I have this posted on a local forum and figured i would share it here as well.
Bought the car back in 2010 from a guy in Indiana, Im in Kentucky btw. Anyway a quick rundown of the car when i got it. Motor was built at jnztuning back in 07, eagle/je rod/piston motor with bc 272s. Built and ported head also, im not gonna go into detail on that motor because it came out shortly after i got it.
A few pics.
Wheels didnt come with it :(
g61.jpg

Still had all the abs crap and everything.
Picture001i-1.jpg

Turbo setup consisted of an AGP 50 trim that you see above (turbonetics compressor/mitsu hotside) with a dnp manifold, also ets 10.5 fmic. The car was going in the right direction when i picked it up. Already had the JNZ 7 gallon cell with aermotive A1000, 2 billet filters, aeromotive fuel rail, aeromotive frp, and precision 1050s.
Pics.
asdd032.jpg

asdd033.jpg

Being a street car at first i ditched the stock wheels and found a set of evo wheels a guy was selling locally. Also picked up a stock hood so i could do away with the cracked faded carbon one.
790.jpg

So after about a year of driving it on the street i decided i was gonna pull the motor out and freshen it up. The motor smoked quiet a bit when i got it, a leakdown told me that cylinder one was leaking 85% past the rings.
Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Once i had the motor out i went on and removed all the abs stuff to clean the engine bay up.
Picture022.jpg

While i had the motor out a buddy of mine ended up parting out his car, i changed courses and ended up buying his motor and transmission from him instead of rebuilding mine.
DSCI0567.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Motor in, also picked up a new valve cover and catch can setup.
760.jpg

Gotta run, ill get back to this tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
No interest in this i see.

Bought a daily, and started getting parts together.
Picture094-1.jpg

Picture093-1.jpg

Picture091-1.jpg

Picture090-1.jpg

Picture089-1.jpg

0410111700.jpg

Started working on getting the interior ready for the cage, still need to order the main hoop though.
059.jpg

Bought a jh racing dual wg t4 manifold.
DSCN1519.jpg

Had a local shop fab up my dump tubes and downpipe.
003.jpg

786.jpg

046.jpg

and here are some extra pics.
015.jpg

017.jpg

hoosier.jpg

001.jpg

And a decent video of it running.
new setup 2012 start up. - YouTube

Very nice, feel there could be more info and such on the car but it looks to be coming together. Love the JH manifolds as well. I'll watch the thread.

I <3 your car!

I too have a Belize Green 1gA GSX. :hellyeah: You dont see too many of them.

Nice build

2012-04-04_18-22-03_167.jpg

Just waiting on my ignition box now.

Here is a little info on the build of the motor.

Engine/Lower End Modifications:
6-bolt 4G63 bored .40 over- Balance Shafts Eliminated.
coated Wiseco 9:1 C.R Pistons.
coated Eagle H-beam connecting rods.
ACL race tri-metal Rod Bearings.
ACL race tri-metal Main Bearings.
ARP L19 head studs.
Cometic head gasket.

Fuel System Modifications:
JNZ 7 gallon fuel cell.
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump.
4 1050cc/min precision fuel injectors.
2 billet Aeromotive inline fuel filters (100 micron).
braided fuel feed line.
braided fuel return line.
Aeromotive fuel rail.
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

Intake/Head Modifications:
Custom 4" cold air intake w/K&N.
JMF race intake manifold, with nitrous bungs.
BBK power-plus 75mm mustang throttle body.
Tial 44mm bov.
Extreme turbo systems 10.5 front mount intercooler.
2.5" intercooler pipes (upper and lower.)
Full race port and polish.
"3G" revised lifters.
HKS 272/272 camshafts.
manely springs, retainers, and keepers.
Nitrate coated Ferrera valves 1mm oversized.
5 angle valve job.
Stock cam gears.

I didnt use to like the 1gs too much but this is making me want to get one

Nice build!! One piece of advice if i may.. If you loose your tach or it acts up after installing the MSD box and tach adapter, unhook the adapter from then CDI box and put it's signal wire split into the crank angoe sensor (the one with the 4 triggers) this will clean up the signal and let it drive the OEM tach flawlessly.. i've yet to see the adapter work from the CDI and properly operate a DSM tach to this day

Nice build!! One piece of advice if i may.. If you loose your tach or it acts up after installing the MSD box and tach adapter, unhook the adapter from then CDI box and put it's signal wire split into the crank angoe sensor (the one with the 4 triggers) this will clean up the signal and let it drive the OEM tach flawlessly.. i've yet to see the adapter work from the CDI and properly operate a DSM tach to this day

Yes my stock tach isnt working right now. I havent even started addressing the situation, Just removed the tach adapter to get it running. Ill give this a shot though.

any updates? looking forward to see what kind of power this thing puts down

No updates to show at the moment, I had some personal things come up i had to deal with. I did however start on making some aluminum door panels and dash panels. Ill have pics up when there complete. Hoping to have it on the rollers soon and make a few passes before winter rolls around. Contemplating on going auto over the winter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back