The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g cuts out at full throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewsdsm33

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2010
milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hey guys i have a 90 awd talon engine is stock and turbo is stock. It is running stock boost and only mods are a full exhaust and a k&n air filter. It has the stock intercooler stock piping and bov is recirculated back to the intake. The problem is when i give it full throttle and it gets to like 4 or 5k it hits fuel cut. But if i only give it half throttle or less it drives fine. Any ideas?

Thats not fuel cut. Just put it this way, i hit fuel cut once and broke a motor mount. It slams like your trans just fell out. Sounds like youre leaning out for some reason. What fuel are you running in it?

That is the other thing the car had been sitting for over 5 years. I put some sea foam in it and didn't help i am trying to burn up all the old gas out then i am going to run 93 octane.

I bought the car as a shell. The engine, trans, t case, wire harness, and ecu all came out of my 91. Which ran and drove fine. So belts etc are new. I am going to drain gas and see what happens.

Fuel cut feels like your transmission just fell out.
ROFL

That's probably the best way I've heard it described. My first time, I was certain I must have hit a camoflauged brick wall, cause I did't see a darn thing but I MUST have hit SOMETHING.

ROFL

That's probably the best way I've heard it described. My first time, I was certain I must have hit a camoflauged brick wall, cause I did't see a darn thing but I MUST have hit SOMETHING.

Hahaha it like to come to that. I hit it once and actually broke the left side trans mount right st the trans.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back