The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 1G CTS-V Brembo swap offset questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dat240zg

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2008
Rogers, Arkansas
I’ve read through the posts and threads about the swap. Most are directed towards 2G, but there are several 1G owners who say they’ve completed it as well.

My question is this: when 1G owners mounted the Brembos, did you trim the mounts by the 5mm that people talk about, or did you do a different way?

I have shaved my mounts down to 17mm thickness but it still places the caliper so far out that it will require a 25mm spacer(!!!). Something is jacked up.

If you’ve completed the swap on a 1G, would you mind chiming in?

My parts are:
’07 CTS-v Calipers with the tabs milled down
Cobra rotors
Evo braided lines
3G master cylinder
BBS RK (18”, 42mm offset, 5mm spacer)

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
Dat240zg

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i used you tube to get you started not too many here have posted that setup or i have only seen a few my friend did the 1g brembo with evo 8s. Spent time shaving something down.

1g and 2g brakes are interchangeable, so what works on a 2g SHOULD work on a 1g*.

your parts list is the same as mine, can you include pics bc it does indeed sound like something is "off"

Well, between my post and now, I got the entire swap done. Still can’t see how a 5mm spacer will create enough space. Mathematically, it seems like it should, but…

Took my 5mm spacers and, just for kicks and giggles, stacked them together to test fit. Looks like I’m going to need 15mm spacers in the front.

I’ve checked and double checked my setup against the one in the posts and can’t see any difference. I’m a bit baffled on this one.

This is a machined set I just sold. I’m not a fan of spacers and imo 15mm (your case) spacers up front pending width of your wheel could be a bit extreme. I’m not familiar with 1g but just wanted to give my 2cents 👍

This is a machined set I just sold. I’m not a fan of spacers and imo 15mm (your case) spacers up front pending width of your wheel could be a bit extreme. I’m not familiar with 1g but just wanted to give my 2cents 👍

I’m not keen on that much spacer as well. What thickness did you mill your mounting tabs too?

I cannot comment on the ctsv calipers or brembos on a 1G as im more 2G based. I recently made calipers and also checked them on my friends 1G and they work well, i had to modify a small recess in the radial bracket for the 1G but it makes it a true bolt on and can use evo rotors so no need for silly spacers , good thing also is the caliper is smaller in height and width then a brembo so you can also use a lower ET wheel.

I used to use the brembos on my 2G. A few i know went the ctvs route but rotors are a bit slim pickings / pad im not sure if there is as many as the evo brembo or not and the 5mm spacer is annoying since only one company used to make them, not sure if its now more widely made or not

This is going to be a spring project for me. The flange doesn't bother me, I run spacers all the time, what does it matter which side of the rotor it is on. The business in the video that made the pre mage flanges https://ctsvbrakeswap.com/collections/mitsubishi is out of stock and probably will be. What thickness should the flange be so I can make my own?

You mind sharing your tire size? Also, are you on the 2g rims in the pics, or the Evo rims in the build list? Just trying to figure out what I may be looking at.

No prob man!
I'm running Mickey Thompson 245 45 17 on the EVO BBS wheels.
First picture is before I rolled the fenders.
2nd is after.
* With the CTVSbrake swap kit you don't mill the calipers at all.

Last edited:
This is going to be a spring project for me. The flange doesn't bother me, I run spacers all the time, what does it matter which side of the rotor it is on. The business in the video that made the pre mage flanges https://ctsvbrakeswap.com/collections/mitsubishi is out of stock and probably will be. What thickness should the flange be so I can make my own?
I
I bought the last set like 2 weeks ago LOL. If you click on the link you are able to once again purchase them so they must have made more since then.

No prob man!
I'm running Mickey Thompson 245 45 17 on the EVO BBS wheels.
First picture is before I rolled the fenders.
2nd is after.
* With the CTVSbrake swap kit you don't mill the calipers at all.

What offset are your wheels? I'm trying to find a set up that will keep my wheels flushed with the fender as well as not having to do any rolling.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back