The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g cas with 2g crank sensor still ramdom misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen p

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2009
pearl, Mississippi
so, i've read when using a 1g head on a 2g block, if the 2g crank sensor is used, there won't be any random misfire problems. however i have a 1995 using a 1g head with a green lid 91-92 cas, and the stock 2g crank sensor.. can someone shed some light on this? it runs and drives ok, but when crusing sometimes it will start missing, and i have to turn the key off and on, to get it to stop, and eventually just disconnect the battery, and reset the ecu. i have put a code scanner on, and it's throwing the random misfire code

ahh. well that kinda sucks. my hks cams aren't drilled. thanks for the info. i guess i'll try the potentiometer

Yea... NO, im pretty sure you can use the 1g sensor just fine, i am about to use the exact set up on my car. Thought i still have a 2g head i am wiring in a 1g CAS.

ECMLink has the tools to manage almost all what you want.

If you have link, you are good (easy fix), But if you are going to buy Link only to get rid of the misfire, you can put a tachrometer and you will save a lot of money.
If you are planning on going crazy or adding power to your car, then go with Link, (tachrometer around $25 vs Link $500).

ECMLink, the best upgrade.

You WILL get a random misfire code, its just a matter of time. Then your car will go into limp mode. It will suck. Easy fix in dsmlink. Happened to me. Promise.

And to think you(or someone else) could have fixed that with your stock ECU and tuned it for a fraction of the price... .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back