The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 1g cas timing in a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven A Schiltz

Proven Member
Apr 13, 2019
Memphis, Tennessee
Kinda having an issue with my ignition timing when I try to set it on the logger it shows 13 degrees when the engine is close to five and vise versa when I move it. It has a 92 green top cas and the previous owner did his own wire tuck and from what I seen there is no crank plug at all it's all run off the 4 pin plug. I'm running a 98 black box ecu. And have a tactrix plug and ecu flash. Everything looks like it's in the 2g factory spots as in the wires. My question is do I need to swap some pins around on the cas, ecu, or do I need to tune it?

What I was meaning was I can't get my mechanical timing to match what's on the computer. Sorry was trying to thing of a way to word my problem LOL. If I sent it to 5 degrees at the crank on my logger it shows it's at 13 degrees and when I get the logger to show 5 degrees the crank shows 13-15 degrees

You need to lock timing at 5 deg. I am not sure how or if you can with a black box ecu. 97+ cars either need ecm link or some form of ecu to lock it or I have heard a good scan tool can. Then you can set cas at 5 deg.

http://ceddy.us/ceddymods/

Scroll down the page to where it says "Base Timing Terminal".

You add a pin and a wire to ECU pin 52 that you run to the engine bay. Then you enable the checkbox in ecuflash and reflash the rom with that checkbox enabled. Then you simply ground the wire you added to force the ECU to lock ignition timing so you can set it by adjusting the CAS.

I wouldn't use the battery post, but maybe slip it under a hold down nut or something fairly secure. I'd probably use a crimp on spade, and just slip a female spade over it to shield it when not in use. Then all you need to do is just hook the timing light signal pickup to #1 plug wire and adjust the CAS until the timing light flash shows you the 5btdc mark.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back