The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1g cas in 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUNWHEELDRIVE

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 27, 2008
Calgary, AB_Canada
Whats the difference between the long wire harness and plug type harness for the 1g greentop cas'. If you look at the RRE wiring diagram, it says that the right side of the PLUG harness (side with the notch on it) is wire #1, for the long wire harness does this mean that the right side of the harness is plug 1 also? thats how I soldered everythiing but im afraid i did it backwards.

thanks

Whats the difference between the long wire harness and plug type harness for the 1g greentop cas'. If you look at the RRE wiring diagram, it says that the right side of the PLUG harness (side with the notch on it) is wire #1, for the long wire harness does this mean that the right side of the harness is plug 1 also? thats how I soldered everythiing but im afraid i did it backwards.

thanks

I think the long wire refers to 2g's between 97-99 because there is no plug for the CAS of those years. But the long plug are for 95-96 2g's that have the plug available for you to cut and adapt to the new harness. If you have a 97 and up, do the long wire into the middle input of the CAS plug. 95-96 is just plug and play, being that you followed the directions from RRE.

KJ

Neither of these answer the question. I have searched but cant find the answer. There are 2 different types of CAS's, There is one where there is a plug on the end, and the other is just wires coming out of it and you cant unplug them. Im referring to the Diagram on RRE and yes i followed it correctly, but if you look at a PLUG CAS prong #1 is on the right hand side of the CAS (assuming the greentop is facing upwards) Does that mean that on the non plug CAS that the right wire is also number 1?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back