The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I decided to sell off Link g4+ and ride ecmlink to the end. I've had some bad/good luck of avoiding an oil leak, overheating, alternator disconnect catastrophe by an inch in the past so it's important to have better fail-safes and warnings against low oil pressure, battery voltage, and coolant temps. These have all bit me in the past.

I decided to get all new Innovate gauges while also switching from the LC2 to MTXL-Plus wideband. I also put in a new switched relay/fuse panel in my armrest to control all gauges.

I located the coolant temp sensor in the back of the thermostat housing. It bolted right in without a struggle.
IMG_0741.jpgIMG_0743.jpgIMG_0744 1.jpgIMG_0759.jpgIMG_0791.jpgIMG_0792.jpgIMG_0793.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0802.jpgIMG_0803.jpgIMG_0931.jpg

Last edited:
That valve cover looks super!
I'm confused by the MCR though.
The only MCR valve covers I see online look like factory covers. Yours looks like a Frontline Fab cover except that it says MCR on it.

Hey is there any shifter news from Huy Tran?
It's a new a product that I just found out about. They're trying to make a website as we speak. I tried to get the FF billet cover but the guy jerked me around for 4 months until I got my money back.

I've tried to get my car to Huy twice and both times he told me he was too busy at the shop. I'm no longer going to reach out to him but if he asks me to bring it in then I'll consider.

Last edited:
It's a new a product that I just found out about. They're trying to make a website as we speak. I tried to get the FF billet cover but the guy jerked me around for 4 months until I got my money back.

I've tried to get my car to Huy twice and both times he told me he was too busy at the shop. I'm no longer going to reach out to him but if he asks me to bring it in then I'll consider.

Dang.
With FF, was it the thing where they are way behind (too busy) and they don't want to tell you or make a guess at how long it's really going to take, so you go into it kind of blind on that aspect of it?

Well I'm glad that MCR has something. Do you have any shots of what it looks like inside? I mean, mostly what I'd be interested in seeing is what there might be for baffles around where the 2 breather ports are.

Dang.
With FF, was it the thing where they are way behind (too busy) and they don't want to tell you or make a guess at how long it's really going to take, so you go into it kind of blind on that aspect of it?
Oh yeah, he did the usual will be ready in 2-3 weeks and 6 weeks go by without a word. I contact him and it will be another 2-3 weeks. 8 weeks go by without a word. Contacted him with no response after a week so I just did a chargeback on the card. It's incredible that people run their businesses this way. He did the same thing to my mom. She bought me a CAS cover or something 6 weeks before one Christmas and a month goes by without a word. It wound up showing up after Christmas which pissed her off.

Well I'm glad that MCR has something. Do you have any shots of what it looks like inside? I mean, mostly what I'd be interested in seeing is what there might be for baffles around where the 2 breather ports are.
thumbnail_20200618_120736.jpg

Oh yeah, he did the usual will be ready in 2-3 weeks and 6 weeks go by without a word. I contact him and it will be another 2-3 weeks. 8 weeks go by without a word. Contacted him with no response after a week so I just did a chargeback on the card. It's incredible that people run their businesses this way. He did the same thing to my mom. She bought me a CAS cover or something 6 weeks before one Christmas and a month goes by without a word. It wound up showing up after Christmas which pissed her off.

Yeah.
Thanks for the info and these pics.
Good to see what they did for baffles in there. The perforated areas are not right underneath the ports at all. They are offset a ways. So anything that goes up through the perfs has to then turn 90 degrees and go sideways a little and then turn 90 degrees again to get up into the breather ports. Looks pretty good to me!

I finally got around to replacing my rusted fuel-filler neck. I took the one off my black shell and coated it with Rustoleum.

I also replaced the stock fuse panel off the battery with a new one. I was only getting 13.3v through that old connection and now I'm receiving 14.7v. Much better.
IMG_0995.jpgIMG_0996.jpgIMG_0998.jpgIMG_1133.jpgIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1136.jpg

Last edited:
I spent about 3 hours at English Racing yesterday. I asked Lucas if he was interested in the Inline Racing lockout shifter (Huy Tran). He said "yeah, I have one in my Evo. Wanna see it?"
Yeah!!

So we went into his garage, the one attached to his house that is there on the same land as his shops. And there it was, looking really good, sort of bigger and taller than I expected and very nicely finished. He said he likes it better than the Boostin’ shifter, especially for street driving.

So I really hope Huy gets that thing going for us DSM people.

Can you post a couple pictures of the OFH and how you have the oil pressure gauge installed, looks like you have a 3an line or so screwed into the sending unit provided by Innovate; pic 2 of post 502.

I spent about 3 hours at English Racing yesterday. I asked Lucas if he was interested in the Inline Racing lockout shifter (Huy Tran). He said "yeah, I have one in my Evo. Wanna see it?"
Yeah!!

So we went into his garage, the one attached to his house that is there on the same land as his shops. And there it was, looking really good, sort of bigger and taller than I expected and very nicely finished. He said he likes it better than the Boostin’ shifter, especially for street driving.

So I really hope Huy gets that thing going for us DSM people.
I’ll be contacting him after I finish a couple of things.

Can you post a couple pictures of the OFH and how you have the oil pressure gauge installed, looks like you have a 3an line or so screwed into the sending unit provided by Innovate; pic 2 of post 502.
I think I used an stm oil sender relocation kit. It just converts , I think, 1/8bspt to 3an. I run the signal wire through the fender grommet and into the engine bay through the grommet above the steering column. Hopefully this pic will be helpful.
13636341-D800-432D-847A-24C76E825EEC.jpeg

I think I used an stm oil sender relocation kit. It just converts , I think, 1/8bspt to 3an. I run the signal wire through the fender grommet and into the engine bay through the grommet above the steering column. Hopefully this pic will be helpful.

It does, so you have the 1/8 bpst to 3an adapter screwed into the housing, and I just viewed the innovate oil pressure gauge kit on their site, looks like there is something screwed into that to connect the line. It's a male 3an to whatever the threads on to the bottom of that connector, happen to recall what thread size that is?

It's a 1/8bspt to 3an adaptor screwed-in to the OFH then a 3an female to 1/8npt female SS line kit. Maybe 12-18" long? Almost all the oil pressure sensors are 1/8npt.

Edit: Now that I look at it again, it's a 3an line connected to a 3an to 1/8npt adaptor and that connects to the sending unit.

It's a 1/8bspt to 3an adaptor screwed-in to the OFH then a 3an female to 1/8npt female SS line kit. Maybe 12-18" long? Almost all the oil pressure sensors are 1/8npt.

Edit: Now that I look at it again, it's a 3an line connected to a 3an to 1/8npt adaptor and that connects to the sending unit.

Emailed innovate moments ago and they confirmed it's the 1/8 npt. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back