The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wanna either see a time slip or a dyno sheet LOL, what are your hopes and dreams for this car? Fun daily driver or all around street beast? You definitely have a well rounded machine:rocks: I think at my age I’m building mine for cars and coffee LOL

That setup is too much for you Nick. I have a nice 2g mani and a 16g ebay unit that I will trade you so your car will be happy...............:p :p

I wanna either see a time slip or a dyno sheet LOL, what are your hopes and dreams for this car? Fun daily driver or all around street beast? You definitely have a well rounded machine:rocks: I think at my age I’m building mine for cars and coffee LOL
I'll be taking it to the dyno when I get the exhaust finished up and Link G4+ installed. I'm telling them to hit 600awhp and then be done with it. If I want to turn it up any further I'll probably get the 0.82 housing but for now I have no doubt I'll be happy at 600. It's just going to be a weekend warrior street car.

Man, just my luck ROFL (just kiddin ya of course, love the setup)

Well, I bet you $ that I can certainly come up with a stock 1g manifold, LOL. Hell, even if I went to a car and pulled it from a motor I'd find one for sure! :thumb:
That motor just sounds so dam good Nick!!!!

Wow, have never looked into Link G4+
That should be interesting.
I see they also make "plug-in" ECUs for the VR4 and Evos 1-3.
Are you going to do all your own tuning with it, or is there somebody around there who would do the tuning for you?
The plug-in VR4 is what I'll be using; I think it's the same as the g4+. I'll probably have one of the local well-known turners dyno it. I could do it myself but there's too much money on the line to mess something up and I'd rather have it done right.

Well if Huy Tran happens to be your local well known tuner, maybe you could tell him it would sure be cool if he could whip up a nice little lockout shifter for 1g DSM, like this:

It’s funny you mention that because he’s literally waiting for me to bring my car over so he can develop one for the 1g! He says I’ll get one as compensation for leaving the car there. I hope to get him to tune it but we haven’t spoken about it

LOL
What?!!
Are you serious?
He put up an ad on Facebook a couple of of months asking if anyone local would help and I said I'd be happy to, but I've been waiting on the new turbo and hot parts kit for so long. Hopefully, he didn't move on from me.

Last edited:
Dead serious. Just told him the car is ready.

Aw man that's fantastic.
The way he does the lockout is just like how I would want it done.
I think I could use it with the lockout activated (pin out) all the time, on the street. Because lifting that collar to downshift seems just not that hard to do. And there would never be the problem of forgetting (old guy problem) whether I have the 1st gear lockout on or off. It's off only if I'm pulling up on that collar. As soon as I let go of it, it's back on again. Nice.

Last edited:
Finally got around to taking the talon to my buddy's house to get the downpipe fabbed. Jesus that was a loud drive over with only a 1.5 ft exhaust...Now I need to decide if I want to convert the Thermal R&D to an HKS muffler. I keep going back and forth...

IMG_0669 1.jpgIMG_0670 1.jpgIMG_0671 1.jpgIMG_0672 1.jpgIMG_0673 1.jpgIMG_0674.jpgIMG_0675.jpgIMG_0676.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back