The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPI has been removed which has been a nightmare.

I no longer have an MPI relay (big mistake). The ignition outputs are just moved around. I can send my settings if you need.
Yeah send it my way please

I planned on moving my MPI relay to like the EGR pin or maybe the Purge solenoid pin.

Are the 1990 MPI relay and 1991+ MPI relays the same part?
MD119202 ?
Has 9 pins (10 with one missing).
From Rock Auto, it would be the SMP part RY1119 ?
I see also another relay for 1990 Turbo on Rock Auto which they label an "Engine Control Module Wiring Relay" SMP part RY81 which has only 8 pins. Don't know what that is or where it goes in the car.

Last edited:
MD119202 ?
I see also another relay for 1990 Turbo on Rock Auto which they label an "Engine Control Module Wiring Relay" SMP part RY81 which has only 8 pins. Don't know what that is or where it goes in the car.
No idea if they're different.

MD119202 ?
Yes they are the same between the 90 and the 91+, but the MPI relay for 1.8 is different from the 2.0 relay. The 8 pin relay is for 1.8.

Yes they are the same between the 90 and the 91+, but the MPI relay for 1.8 is different from the 2.0 relay. The 8 pin relay is for 1.8.
Ok, that makes sense, because I do see an 8-pin MPI relay shown for the 1.8 liter in the FSM.
But take a look at this listing in Rock Auto, under 1990, Talon, 2 liter turbo, it shows both relays, but under different headings. The 8-pin SMP part RY81 "more info" shows interchange part numbers of MD041821 and MD134600. Is this for real a part somewhere on the turbo 2-liter? Or did they get this wrong?

1990 Talon Engine Control Module Wiring Relay

The one we are calling the MPI relay they show under the heading "Computer Control Relay".

Last edited:
Rock Auto sometimes list incorrectly. I have seem it. So better check the actual pics and part number before placing the order.
The one we are calling the MPI relay they show under the heading "Computer Control Relay".
Yes, and also in "Fuel Injection Relay"

Always with the knowledge
Yeah! Aw I got it straightened out finally by pasting MD041821 onto the search line at Mitsubishi Parts Now and got a big fat "This part does not fit your 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse" in red text. It's a different part number now too. And it is for a bunch of other Mitsus, but not the GSX.
So there it is.
But the correct MPI relay, MD119202 is on sale there for $97.67!
They must be trying to get rid of them!
So I got one.

MPI has been removed which has been a nightmare.

I no longer have an MPI relay (big mistake). The ignition outputs are just moved around. I can send my settings if you need.
So how did you keep or get your tach source after going to a sequential ignition setup?
Im doing the same although not with IGN-1A coils and if eliminating the PTU where the dash and ecu get the tach source, how else do we get it in our 91+ cars?

So how did you keep or get your tach source after going to a sequential ignition setup?
Im doing the same although not with IGN-1A coils and if eliminating the PTU where the dash and ecu get the tach source, how else do we get it in our 91+ cars?
Hmm, I'm actually not sure. If I can remember I'll let you know.

There is more than one way to read the engine speed. And I think @Vegas is sending the engine speed data from ECU to the dash via CAN BUS. I think he has a CAN BUS dash display.

What are the other ways other than the PTU?
Maybe this would help.

スクリーンショット 2023-09-28 6.03.07.jpg

Another link ECU question for ya. Were you able to get vehicle speed logging correctly in Link software? Mine is all over the place, super erratic. I've tried changing the calibration, slip filters, driven wheel speeds, rising and falling edges but it still just goes nuts.

Another link ECU question for ya. Were you able to get vehicle speed logging correctly in Link software? Mine is all over the place, super erratic. I've tried changing the calibration, slip filters, driven wheel speeds, rising and falling edges but it still just goes nuts.
Can’t say I ever looked at vehicle speed. I’m on gps now with no issues. Dont remember ever having an issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back