The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g bore and 2g bore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalantGst

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2005
Elmhurst, New_York
I have a NA Galant that is laped a turbo on, now my question is I currently do not have the funds to rebuild the motor, i was wondering is the bore the same in the 1g and 2g?

Can I slap 2g stock pistons on 2g stock rods just deglaze the walls and put in new rings and new hg and call it a day?

The car has 150k miles but it had a junk yard motor in it i guess the one before took a crap.

4g63 engines are 85x88mm. Whether or not you can just deglaze the cylinders really depends upon how much wear there is. From the engines that I have seen, there isn't much cylinder wear.

I don't think the 2g rods are even the same dimension as 1g on the big end.

hmm so you think im better off just slapping in 1g turbo pistons and rods?

Well when if i do it ill check the size of the bore and see how bad it is. Worse comes to worse ill just put new stock pistons rings and close the shit up after deglazing drive ths hti till i have some cash saved up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back