The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g big brake lines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBoosted96GST

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
Avondale, Arizona
when ordering ss brake lines for my 90 awd that was swapped to the dual calipers, what year would I order? i know its some 92s ,all 93-94 awds, i guess what i'm asking is does it make a difference in the years of brakelines?, oh and my duals are not the banjo bolt style, they're the screw in type, thanks

awesome thanks, another question....are rear brake rotors all the same as far as 90-99, also awd = fwd?

The rear rotors on a a 2g awd are much different than any 1g. (I haven't seen a 2g gst) On a 2g, the e-brake assembly is a drum style that goes inside the "hat" of the rotor. On a 1g the ebrake is included into the caliper.

Hi,

I would suggest that you get coated SS brake lines, becasue dirt and grime can get between the SS weave and the rubber line and rub through the rubber line. You can find brake lines like these at MachV motorsports I belive, I was unable to find the link.

Bill

Hi,

I would suggest that you get coated SS brake lines, becasue dirt and grime can get between the SS weave and the rubber line and rub through the rubber line. You can find brake lines like these at MachV motorsports I belive, I was unable to find the link.

Bill

I have also seen people cover the braided lines with large heat shrink tubing. That can be found in several colors to match your need.

Depending on where you get your lines from though, they may not come in coated. I was looking for coated lines when I upgraded mine, and after talking to a few people at RRE, they said that uncoated don't really have as many problems as people make them out to be. They originally had their lines coated but found that it wasn't really doing anything to help (as people running regular SS brake lines weren't having any problems). These lines were ran on cars that did just about everything - drag, autox, canyon runs, etc. So don't pass up normal SS lines just because of a few people complaining (and I don't even remember seeing anything on here about someone having this problem).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back