The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G ball joint replacement, Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casper_talon

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2006
Quebradillas, Puerto Rico, Central_America
Hey everyone, I went to get my car alligned and they told me I had to replace the ball joint, the car makes a hitting sound when I brake hard or hit a bump. Can it be replaced separately or does it have to be the complete control arm? I also noticed the brake caliper was a little wiggly and I could easily move it by hand, along with the rotor. Is this normal?? They sold me a MB-241883 ball joint that is supposed to be for the car, is that right? PLease I need help!

I found this image of the part --> http://www.dihshiang.com.tw/pviewitem1.asp?sn=577&area=44&cat=148#

Thanks for looking and for any help!

Its has to be press out then pressed in be carefull lots of people ruin control arms not pressing them in straight. As for the rotor and caliper if the wheel is off the rotor will be loose on the hub as the wheel bolts everything tight . U need a balljoint press, u can get a rental form Autozone

Really thanks for the help! I was frustrated thinking I had to buy the entire assembly for a lot of money I don't have now! I will get it fixed ASAP, I'm afraid it may break something else. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back