The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g AWD Rear Brake Caliper Core Credit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul@RTM

Supporting Vendor
Oct 24, 2012
Hamilton, ON_Canada
RTM is offering a core credit for any rebuildable 1g AWD rear brake calipers.

This is a straight-up core credit. We pay $70 CDN (or the equivalent in $USD) for any rebuildable 1g AWD rear caliper you send us. YOU NEED NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM US. Send us some rebuildable 1g AWD rear calipers and we send you some money (via paypal). It's really that simple.

We don't care where you get the calipers. You can harvest them by the bushel at all the wreckers in your area. Whatever floats your boat. You need not be a former customer, a current customer, or a future customer. If you've got 1g AWD rear calipers, we've got money.

Here's the details on our website:

I have a pile of calipers in my shed.
Is there an easy way to identify the AWD caliper VS FWD?
Fwd is 30mm piston and awd is 35mm piston. Other then that i think the code stamp is different but i dont know this withiut searching tuners for that info,

To check the piston size remove the dust shield and measure the body NOT the mateing head on the piston

Is there an easy way to identify the AWD caliper VS FWD?
Good point. There are a few fairly easily identifiable differences. We'll post a couple of pics with them side-by-side to show the differences.

We've updated the products in the webstore to include side-by-side photos of 1g AWD & 1g FWD rear calipers to aid in determining what you've got.

But I'll post them here as well:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The main differences are in the parking brake mechanism "protrusion" and in the location & style of the brake line ports.

Paul, what qualifies as rebuildable? I've got a box of seized and rusted rear calipers, but would those qualify for the credit or cores?

We spoke to our rebuilder in detail about what we can expect from him, what sort of calipers are acceptable, etc. He assured us that as long as the portion of the casting that holds the brake fluid is not cracked, they can be rebuilt. (Basically, as long as the hydraulics within the caliper are sealed and remain able to function, they're rebuildable). Complete seizure of the caliper/piston is not a problem. In fact, some form of seizure is usually why the caliper is being rebuilt in the first place. Complete rust and seizure are not a problem. He said that even if the piston bore is compromised (from rust for example), if necessary, he can re-sleeve the piston bore.

(If you look at it from his point of view, if he rejects a caliper, he has to give it back to us and he gets no money. It's certainly in his interest to NOT reject a caliper. He will only do it when he has no other choice).

I should also mention that we are NOT going to delay compensating customers for the cores. As soon as the rebuilder accepts them, we'll compensate. We've got nothing to gain by dragging things out. We've gained a solid reputation which we didn't get by being petty.

Just wanted to update this thread.
We received our first batch of cores a while back. Two different guys gave us a pair of calipers each. One guy shipped them himself via USPS (for about $15 USD) to our US address and the other guy purchased a UPS label from us (for about $12 USD) to our US address.

Both sets of calipers have since been rebuilt and each guy received $140 CAD from us. We figure that's not a bad deal: pay around $12-15 USD and get $140 CAD in return. I must also point out that if you had seen what these calipers looked like when first got them (VERY rusty and crusty) you'd be amazed they could be rebuilt at all. Something to note if you have some old, rusty, crusty calipers and are worried they're too far gone. They almost certainly aren't.

Anyway, here's the product in our store:

I have a box of probably 20 AWD calipers I guess I need to pull out. Awesome to see these are getting serviced again. Can I trade out some cores for some fresh rebuilds? I planned on sticking wilwoods on both my 1g's but I have one stuck caliper on one car that I wouldn't mind swapping out to a good stock rebuild for now.

Can I trade out some cores for some fresh rebuilds?
I guess it depends on what you mean by "trade out". We sell already rebuilt, sitting on the shelf calipers all day, every day. Here they are:

And we also give pay for any cores you send us. Here's the details on that:

If you wanted to finance the purchase of rebuild caliper(s) with cores, you'd need to send us your cores first and then go from there. If you wanted, instead of us paying you for the cores, we could credit the appropriate amount against the rebuilt calipers. However you wanted to work it.

But in any case, if you've got a bunch of AWD calipers sitting around (that still have the pad bracket, etc) we're interested in them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back