The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g awd clutch issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camsmurdered2g

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2011
Alton, Illinois
Ok, im really good about googling/thread hopping before i make a post but this one has me stumped.

90 eagle talon awd. Clutch is not even coming close to disengaging. Engine off it wont roll in gear with the clutch pedal down, engine on it grinds/creeps forward. New slave cylinder from oreillys and the master looks prestine inside and out. Nothing is leaking anywhere. Shift fork with the slave off is facing towards the drivers side. There is zero play between the slave and the clutch fork. Slave has been bled a TON. Clutch pedal assembly has been pulled out and welded in its most upward position. Pedal adjustment rod is roughly 6 thread lengths from the end of the yolk (pedal side)..

Now for the odd things...... when bleeding it takes hardly any fluid at all. The pedal sticks to the floor after every bleed. The slave rod is moving maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Input much appreciated. Only thing i can think of is the master is trashed or the slave was junk from the get go.

Ok, im really good about googling/thread hopping before i make a post but this one has me stumped.

90 eagle talon awd. Clutch is not even coming close to disengaging. Engine off it wont roll in gear with the clutch pedal down, engine on it grinds/creeps forward. New slave cylinder from oreillys and the master looks prestine inside and out. Nothing is leaking anywhere. Shift fork with the slave off is facing towards the drivers side. There is zero play between the slave and the clutch fork. Slave has been bled a TON. Clutch pedal assembly has been pulled out and welded in its most upward position. Pedal adjustment rod is roughly 6 thread lengths from the end of the yolk (pedal side)..

Now for the odd things...... when bleeding it takes hardly any fluid at all. The pedal sticks to the floor after every bleed. The slave rod is moving maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Input much appreciated. Only thing i can think of is the master is trashed or the slave was junk from the get go.

That's what I'm thinking. Check by the pedal assembly and look for fluid leaking or if the boot on the back side of clutch master cylinder is wet.

The auto parts store quality isn't anywhere near OEM. I would buy both and oem slave and master and take it from there. Definitely a hydraulic issue thou, I measured how much my slave rod slides out, and its right at 1". So if yours is actuating only about .5 to 3/4 of an inch that's your problem

I didnt measure the distance but it definitely is not enough. Neither the slave nor the master is leaking and the master looks brand new, inside and out. Im going to call the dealer soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back