The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1G Auto Transfer Gears Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isiaha

Probationary Member
Mar 29, 2021
El Paso, Texas
Hey i recently Upgraded / Rebuilt my auto trans but worried about my transfer gears f***ing up after a while. My question is there a certain power point where it is recommended to be upgraded, or is it one of those things that should be upgraded regardless? I plan on making 500hp, it’ll be a daily car. Here’s the mod list on trans:

IPT Upgraded rebuild kit, Translab shift kit, Welded center diff, IPT converter, kiggly flex plate, sonnax manual valve, Big B&M Cooler, Redline ATF Fluid in it.

Hey i recently Upgraded / Rebuilt my auto trans but worried about my transfer gears f***ing up after a while. My question is there a certain power point where it is recommended to be upgraded, or is it one of those things that should be upgraded regardless? I plan on making 500hp, it’ll be a daily car. Here’s the mod list on trans:

IPT Upgraded rebuild kit, Translab shift kit, Welded center diff, IPT converter, kiggly flex plate, sonnax manual valve, Big B&M Cooler, Redline ATF Fluid in it.
The transfer gears can be a crab shoot. Many of us ran the OEM transfer gears for multiple seasons in the 9s range. I know some have had the gear break and wrench havoc breaking the bell housing. I ran a few seasons on stock ones into the 9’s territory around 600awhp. I will contribute some of my luck to sending my transfer gears to TRE to be shot peened and micro polished. At the end of the day if you have funds for straight cuts it’s a very smart purchase, if your budget is $300 range I highly recommend getting the TRE treatment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back