The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G auto transfer case help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91mits

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2010
Dallas, Texas
okay i have a 91 gsx auto awd, my transfer has been leaking for a while , yesterday decided to get it fixed, bought new seals from the satan dealership, it had the recall done in 03. anyway i got 5 bolts off , still had issues and couldn't get it off, was frustrated and put everything back together. i realized on this site that the auto has 6 bolts on the transfer case( was going by vfaq on transfer removal)

my question is i saw on vfaq that they advise to jb weld on the yoke to fix the leak, from my understanding from reading some threads on this site, theres no fluid between tranny and transfer right? so it only leaks at the yoke? and has anyone tried the jb weld method? thanks a lot guys.

my question is i saw on vfaq that they advise to jb weld on the yoke to fix the leak, from my understanding from reading some threads on this site, theres no fluid between tranny and transfer right? so it only leaks at the yoke? and has anyone tried the jb weld method? thanks a lot guys.
1) True, there's no fluid between the transaxle and the transfer case.
2) It can also leak at the seal at the base of the input shaft driven gear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back